On the status of my Dal application it says that I have not submitted my personal statement, but isn't that part of the application? I'm pretty sure I remember there being a box on the application where I had to copy and paste a personal statement...

I'm wondering the same. Also it says high school transcripts too? I assumed they weren't required. 

8 hours ago, unemployableBA said:

On the status of my Dal application it says that I have not submitted my personal statement, but isn't that part of the application? I'm pretty sure I remember there being a box on the application where I had to copy and paste a personal statement...

When did you submit your application?

For awhile after I had officially submitted mine it showed as not having been received, but now it has. I believe that that list is manually updated with the received date, so if you submitted it very recently they might not have looked yet.

Same here. I definitely pasted my PS into that box.

I hate the dalonline system so much. Its been like that for my five years at dal. 

2 hours ago, lawfacade123 said:

When did you submit your application?

For awhile after I had officially submitted mine it showed as not having been received, but now it has. I believe that that list is manually updated with the received date, so if you submitted it very recently they might not have looked yet.

like a month ago :$

2 hours ago, qwopwo said:

Same here. I definitely pasted my PS into that box.

I hate the dalonline system so much. Its been like that for my five years at dal. 

Yeah! It's such a confusing system

1 hour ago, Astrowelkyn said:

Wait, Dalhousie requires high school transcripts?

Is that required for any other university?

To my knowledge high school transcripts are not required. 

My DalOnline has everything checked off. There is no box for high school transcripts or mention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BBlenky said:

To my knowledge high school transcripts are not required. 

My DalOnline has everything checked off. There is no box for high school transcripts or mention. 

I know there is a spot for Dalhousie application to enter your high school code. UOttawa also requested to know my high school but specifically requested only transcripts from post-secondary institutions.

The DalOnline system has a note that they will submit an electronic request for high school transcripts from Nova Scotian students.

"If you are a Nova Scotia student, by supplying your Nova Scotia Provincial Student Number below you accept that we will, through the Nova Scotia MyTranscripts system, make an electronic request for your high school transcript.
The electronic copy, and any subsequent updates, will be sent to Dalhousie University from a Provincial government database. For further information on MyTranscripts, please refer to mynsfuture.ca/mytranscripts.
If you do not want your transcript requested electronically, please contact Dalhousie University at [email protected] or if applying to a program at University of King’s College please contact [email protected]"

Hey! 

I've also been wondering this. I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago and the online system has not updated with my LSAT score or personal statement. I obviously submitted my personal statement in the box provided and indicated my LSAC account number in the application as well.

I am not reading too much into it as it says "The Received field indicates whether or not a requirement has been met/document received. This information may not always be updated for Dentistry, Law and Graduate programs.". I reached out to Dal about it and they said "Once your application has been submitted, you can log into dal online to check the status of the application and receipt of your supporting documents.  Please allow 2-3 weeks after submitting your application for all the information to be updated.  Please also note that we will continue to update all supporting documents on the system as they are received. Please note that as long as your application has been received by the deadline, supporting documentation can follow."

I am not sure but it is interesting to me that everything that was submitted to Dal before my application was submitted says received (study abroad transcript, both references), but anything actually mentioned in my application is still marked as not received. I wouldn't be surprised if it is just because they haven't had the time to go through the actual applications yet to check off "yes you submitted this" 

I had submitted my application November 7. 

The only space that remains blank on my admission tracker is Personal Statement.

Its funny how slow time seems to move once I've started submitting applications. "Please wait 2-3 weeks..." and yet I still feel anxious about it.

Hey guys! 

I submitted in mid-September and it took about three weeks for my personal statement to register. I think it's taking a slightly longer time now (as I'm sure they received a much higher volume of applications closer-to the Nov 1 deadline). From what I gather, the admissions committee is updating this information as they evaluate applications -- what I'm trying to say is: don't worry! 

Good luck! :) 

• Like 1

Similar situation for me. I submitted mid November and my LSAT score is still outstanding. I can see on my LSAC account, however, that the report was sent a while ago. 

Once everything on your applications was accounted for, did any of you receive notification that your application was under review right away? Or is it arbitrary/unpredictable?

1 hour ago, archer172 said:

Similar situation for me. I submitted mid November and my LSAT score is still outstanding. I can see on my LSAC account, however, that the report was sent a while ago. 

Once everything on your applications was accounted for, did any of you receive notification that your application was under review right away? Or is it arbitrary/unpredictable?

I received an email that my application was complete and under review about three weeks after everything was in (as in I had both submitted and it was acknowledged as received on the Dal website). This was mid-late November. Then I got the acceptance email three days later. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lawfacade123 said:

I received an email that my application was complete and under review about three weeks after everything was in (as in I had both submitted and it was acknowledged as received on the Dal website). This was mid-late November. Then I got the acceptance email three days later. :)

Thank you this is really helpful! So. Much. Waiting. lol 
Congratulations!!

• Like 1