Hi 

I am planning on writing my bar exams in June. I will be getting my studying material in March. However, I am currently unemployed and wanted to utilize my time and wanted to familiarize myself with the material. I know that they tend to change the syllabus, but I am not sure how often they do it. Does anyone here has any suggestions? 

Don't waste your time. It's the better part of a year away and the tests are mostly a matter of being able to flip through the material quickly. Wait until the material for your exams come and then update  old indexes or make your own. In the six months or so before that, look for a job or do something you'll enjoy if money isn't a concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HammurabiTime said:

Don't waste your time. It's the better part of a year away and the tests are mostly a matter of being able to flip through the material quickly. Wait until the material for your exams come and then update  old indexes or make your own. In the six months or so before that, look for a job or do something you'll enjoy if money isn't a concern.

Hm, okay thanks for your reply. 

If I were in your shoes I would utilize the time to get to know the material even if it's 10-20 pages a day. Some areas are quite dense and require a few read throughs to digest the concept. It's better to know it and be confident in your answer than waste precious time flipping through during the exam. The material wont't have changed that much either. The other advantage is you'll get a sense of what areas you're confident in and what areas might take you longer. This will allow you to make a solid study plan and keep the nerves at bay on test day. 

Edited by Realtalk

Hi there.. I am also in a similar situation being unemployed and sitting the Barrister's and Solicitor's exam on June 2020.. I want to make use of my free time by studying in advance the Study Materials so that on April all I have to do is to update it.. Can I ask where to get the Study Materials for both Barristers and Solicitors exam?? I understand that on the June 2020 sitting the materials is set to be released by April 2020. Thanks 

You don't have access to the materials until you are registered for the licensing process and pay your fees.

3 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

You don't have access to the materials until you are registered for the licensing process and pay your fees.

Thats the problem because I think I can only register for June 2020 exam starting April 2020 if I am not mistaken and I want to get hold of the study materials in advance.. if its possible

20 minutes ago, Kit75 said:

Thats the problem because I think I can only register for June 2020 exam starting April 2020 if I am not mistaken and I want to get hold of the study materials in advance.. if its possible

You can ask someone for their old materials they might have a pdf version or you can ask the law society.  Keep in mind the page numbers will be different from your actual materials so I would not recommend spending time indexing. Read for content.

Edited by Realtalk

6 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

You can ask someone for their old materials they might have a pdf version or you can ask the law society.  Keep in mind the page numbers will be different from your actual materials so I would not recommend spending time indexing. Read for content.

Thanks for the information.. I will try to email the Law Society or if there is somebody who share his old study materials.. It will be gladly appreciated.