secretdisplayname

Chances - 157 LSAT - 3.5cGPA - 3.7 best 2

On 10/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, secretdisplayname said:

Chances - 157 LSAT - 3.5cGPA - 3.7 best 2

As per queens website you are COMPETITIVE. Don't let people discourage you, I have heard of people getting waitlisted and accepted with worse stats. They note that competitive is 157 and 3.7. 

Good luck! We may end up in the class of 2023 together!

• Like 1

everyone at Queen's knows the website is NOT competitive. don't be fooled, look at the class profile for a more realistic picture

• Like 3

On 11/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, Maradona said:

everyone at Queen's knows the website is NOT competitive. don't be fooled, look at the class profile for a more realistic picture

I agree with this; I was rejected from Queen's law with 3.78 CGPA, 3.84 L2, 3.84 B2, 157 LSAT, and an MA degree last year. (I applied under Access categories.) I think that the OP needs an LSAT score of at least 160 to have a realistic chance at Queen's law, although I have witnessed a few applicants that got in the law school with pretty similar stats compared to the OP's.

On a scale of competitiveness, a 157 LSAT is the lowest Queens will accept for consideration in the general category. An admissions officer told me last year that, although they publish that "a candidate should have at least a 157 to be considered competitive" they are unlikely to accept a 157 unless the student has a very high GPA (3.9-4.0) or has another exceptional aspect of their application that stands out.  However, if all of the other aspects of your application are about average, for you to have a realistic shot your LSAT should be above a 160. 

Edited by capitalttruth

I think these are the kind of stats that will get waitlisted and then accepted very late into the summer but yes if you can even improve your last by three points you have a very decent shot