0LHopeful

If you're writing the January LSAT, does that mean adcom will not even look at your file until March/April?

Hello, 

As the title suggests, I'm writing the January LSAT. Working full-time I wanted to give myself the best shot and doing well (although slightly regretting this now). I'm thinking I may be at a disadvantage given my late score submissions (although adcom said they would accept Jan scores). 

Will they read your PS/references without an LSAT score or are you only reviewed once everything comes in. I'm thinking Jan scores won't be released to almost end of Feb so I may not be referred to adcom until late April/May.

It depends on each school’s procedures. I had to write the January exam because my November score wasn’t competitive. As I understood it, they didn’t look at my file until my January score came through. I got an offer about a week after the January score release so if your file is already complete and they are just waiting on your lsat score, the process can go by pretty fast.

Edit: ooooops sorry, I thought this was in the general admissions sub forum. I didn’t apply to Windsor so I have no idea what their process is.

Edited by Aschenbach
  • Haha 1

I was on the adcom at Windsor.

I never once read an incomplete file. Unless its changed, chances are, it'll be held up until they get your score.

I sent my application last year with a jan lsat score - which I had to email the assistant dean to get permission from. I was waitlisted 

On 10/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, 0LHopeful said:

Hello, 

As the title suggests, I'm writing the January LSAT. Working full-time I wanted to give myself the best shot and doing well (although slightly regretting this now). I'm thinking I may be at a disadvantage given my late score submissions (although adcom said they would accept Jan scores). 

Will they read your PS/references without an LSAT score or are you only reviewed once everything comes in. I'm thinking Jan scores won't be released to almost end of Feb so I may not be referred to adcom until late April/May.

http://www.uwindsor.ca/law/1163/windsor-law-admissions-faq

"The latest LSAT score accepted is the December test score of the year of application."

1 hour ago, 0LHopeful said:

I emailed the adcom and they said they are accepting the Jan LSAT

Did you tell them to correct their website?