Summer15

November 2019 Ontario Bar Exam

Hello Lawyer Candidates! 

I am starting this new topic to remind anyone here writing the Barrister and Solicitor exams this November, myself included, that we can do this. We just need to keep doing what we have been doing till now and not give up.

If you are working full-time like me, I feel your pain. Two main things keep me going: 1) I was successful, like any of you, throughout law school and everything that came along. This should be no different. 2) I will be extremely relieved/happy once this is over. I visualize this feeling every day, which helps me make the necessary sacrifices that the studying requires.

Finally, if any of you wrote the June 2019 and would like to provide us with some "advice"/feedback/warning, we would highly appreciate it.

Thank you and good luck to all of us! 

• Like 5

Hello everyone,

I wrote the Nov Ontario solicitor exam a few days ago and am anxiously waiting for the result. I was just wondering if anyone knows when we should expect to receive the results. 

All the best 

• Like 1

Back in the June 2015 , my friend was notified that she failed the solicitor exam. She was very upset and determined to do her best for the Nov exam. She made arrangements to  re-print all the materials.... Well, a while later (not sure if it was a week or so) after she pick up all the reprints , she was notified that there has been a mistake and she did pass..   

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Back in the June 2015 , my friend was notified that she failed the solicitor exam. She was very upset and determined to do her best for the Nov exam. She made arrangements to  re-print all the materials.... Well, a while later (not sure if it was a week or so) after she pick up all the reprints , she was notified that there has been a mistake and she did pass..   

Wow, it sounds scary!  I just don't know how long it takes them to announce the results!

On 11/23/2019 at 12:18 PM, Luckycharm said:

thats like winning the lottery, im thinking about all the people who failed and didnt get that notification. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brokendoor said:

thats like winning the lottery, im thinking about all the people who failed and didnt get that notification. 

My friend was considering suing LSUC for all the cost of re-printing the materials... I reminded her there are tons of lawyers there..

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

My friend was considering suing LSUC for all the cost of re-printing the materials... I reminded her there are tons of lawyers there..

Dear God

materials cost like, 500 dollars? for a student who's in debt, and (not knowing anything else), may or may not have a paying or even decently paying articling gig, a small claims court for that isn't that crazy to me. Sure, fears of backlash and everything, but that's us taking Goliath's side because of fears he'd squish David...

10 minutes ago, healthlaw said:

Dear God

24 minutes ago, pzabbythesecond said:

materials cost like, 500 dollars? for a student who's in debt, and (not knowing anything else), may or may not have a paying or even decently paying articling gig, a small claims court for that isn't that crazy to me. Sure, fears of backlash and everything, but that's us taking Goliath's side because of fears he'd squish David...

I’m not discounting this person’s experience or frustrations but I’m pretty sure there are steps one can take before drafting up a claims form

18 hours ago, healthlaw said:

I’m not discounting this person’s experience or frustrations but I’m pretty sure there are steps one can take before drafting up a claims form

Plaintiff's Claim*

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, Raha said:

Hello everyone,

I wrote the Nov Ontario solicitor exam a few days ago and am anxiously waiting for the result. I was just wondering if anyone knows when we should expect to receive the results. 

All the best 

The results of the June 2019 exams cam out 5 weeks after the solicitor exam. 5 weeks after the November 2019 solicitor exam would bring us to Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day. So, my guess is everyone will hear back the week before Christmas or in the new year 

I think we should receive the results for both exams around December 19th or 20th. I believe they released them around that time in previous years. 

Of course, I am extremely anxious about the results! I left both exams exhausted thinking about the questions I answered wrong. I could not come up with questions I answered correctly!

I really don't want to go over this whole process again. It was painful... 

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I guess business questions were the hardest, especially the last few questions, which were fact pattern cases. 

I know it's still early, but I keep wondering when the results will be posted. So I did some research and found the below list of dates of when the results were posted in previous years. The list was originally shared by @stylenswell So thank you very much!

2011 - Dec 14th

2012 - Dec 17th

2013 - Dec 13th

2014 - Dec 19th

2015 - Dec 14th 

2016 - Dec 14th

2017 - Dec 11th

2018 - Dec 13th

We have no choice, but to wait and wait! 

• Like 1

November results are out everyone. Good luck!! Does anyone happen to know when information regarding the call to bar information will be sent out by LSO for the January call date?? or how long it generally takes? the website says generally a month before, but how long has it taken in the past? 

is it possible that they make a mistake and list a pass, ive heard theyve made a mistake on a fail. Also the lettering of the results is in RED. 

I received passed results in red lettering too. I called LSO to confirm my exam results but they said they cannot see my exam results from there?

The PASS word being in bright red is a hilarious deke and the LSO has been doing it for years. 

Not quite as funny is the bright green font and smiling emoji that accompanies the FAILED word.

Edited by BringBackCrunchBerries

11 hours ago, BringBackCrunchBerries said:

The PASS word being in bright red is a hilarious deke and the LSO has been doing it for years. 

Not quite as funny is the bright green font and smiling emoji that accompanies the FAILED word.

Is it actually green?