Summer15

November 2019 Ontario Bar Exam

Hello Lawyer Candidates! 

I am starting this new topic to remind anyone here writing the Barrister and Solicitor exams this November, myself included, that we can do this. We just need to keep doing what we have been doing till now and not give up.

If you are working full-time like me, I feel your pain. Two main things keep me going: 1) I was successful, like any of you, throughout law school and everything that came along. This should be no different. 2) I will be extremely relieved/happy once this is over. I visualize this feeling every day, which helps me make the necessary sacrifices that the studying requires.

Finally, if any of you wrote the June 2019 and would like to provide us with some "advice"/feedback/warning, we would highly appreciate it.

Thank you and good luck to all of us! 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• As a government lawyer, that is around the ballpark of my bi-weekly salary (after taxes) 😢.
    • Stikeman's for sure - their NALP has been updated already https://www.nalpcanada.com/employer_profile?FormID=3375&QuestionTabID=46&SearchCondJSON=
    • Ah, but the Gold Cast man. Nothing beats going to school by the beaches (is what some Bond grads told me). Also, most Canadians I find that pursue a law degree abroad come from money and have families financing their education.
    • What was your L2 though? A 3.3 cGPA won't get you automatically tossed at Queens/Western/Osgoode if your L2 is competitive and you have a solid LSAT. If you don't though ...  Anyway, @Mikka, depending on your PS and if your LSAT lands where you think it will, you'd likely have a reasonable shot at Windsor.
    • I just have a single question for those who consider Australia over the UK, why? If you can't get into a Canadian school and you're considering going overseas ,which most would agree is a huge risk, why would you risk even more by going to a school that charges 40k+ CAD a year?. f you're going to risk getting a foreign law degree, wouldn't you opt for the most affordable one, one from the UK.