wtamow

General 2L Recruit Question Thread

3 hours ago, Newfoundland said:

How are other students on this forum  prepping this final weekend or are you all relaxing like watch a movie and catch up on readings? Any of you plan on donig the readings that you will fall behind on due to in-firms this weekend? I can't imagine doing the readings on Monday/Tuesday  night 

Probably just some easy last bit of prep, working out, Netflix. Maybe the readings for my easiest class? But with break coming up, I won’t stress it. 

1 hour ago, Pascale said:

Probably just some easy last bit of prep, working out, Netflix. Maybe the readings for my easiest class? But with break coming up, I won’t stress it. 

yup, this.

as per thank you emails, send them same day or the day after?

1 hour ago, ForensicAnthropology said:

yup, this.

as per thank you emails, send them same day or the day after?

Same day. Most people send them at the end of the day (after dinners, etc. are over with).

• Like 1

If you are meeting two lawyers at once, should you send one email with both of them in it or separate or write two unique emails? At OCIs I found the latter hard for some of the OCIs when one of them talked a lot more than the other that it was a bit hard to customize it for the other person. Is it acceptable practice to send two people one email? 

3 minutes ago, Newfoundland said:

If you are meeting two lawyers at once, should you send one email with both of them in it or separate or write two unique emails? At OCIs I found the latter hard for some of the OCIs when one of them talked a lot more than the other that it was a bit hard to customize it for the other person. Is it acceptable practice to send two people one email? 

Yes. Come on man. Have you never sent an email to two or more people before?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Newfoundland said:

Your posts really help me feel calm going in to in firms. I get stressed, but wow, atleast I can make some common sense decisions without asking strangers on a forum.

Chill out. I'm from NL too and you've posted so much that I'm even 90%  sure I know who you are. Just calm down and enjoy your weekend.

Edited by WindsorHopeful
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am becoming more and more convinced that Newfoundland is a troll...

But, Newfoundland, if you aren’t — and knowing full well that this is likely to land on deaf ears — please do not visit this forum this weekend or next week. Honestly, I don’t mean to sound unkind, but if you want to land a job through this process, a break from this forum and some downtime will do you immeasurable good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rearden said:

I am becoming more and more convinced that Newfoundland is a troll...

But, Newfoundland, if you aren’t — and knowing full well that this is likely to land on deaf ears — please do not visit this forum this weekend or next week. Honestly, I don’t mean to sound unkind, but if you want to land a job through this process, a break from this forum and some downtime will do you immeasurable good.

I am not. I am sorry if the question bothered you or anyone else. I was just not sure if there were some standard usual norms regarding thank you emails sent to two people at once. At OCIs I tried both.  I will limit my visits to only if I have a pressing question.  

Also, I wanted to add that I am very grateful for this forum in answering  a lot of my questions. I know that I ask too many questions sometimes and I am still learning in the process.  I also know that others at my law school at least have found some of my questions useful from the hallway chatter.  Thank you for all the help. 

Edited by Newfoundland
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Newfoundland said:

I am not. I am sorry if the question bothered you or anyone else. I was just not sure if there were some standard usual norms regarding thank you emails sent to two people at once. At OCIs I tried both.  will try and limit my visits to only if I have a pressing question.  

You’re not bothering me, and there’s really no need to apologize. 

But you’re missing the point. In your case there is no such thing as a “pressing question” at this point. For your mental health, please stay away from this forum and stop worrying about the recruit. What will happen will happen.

10 hours ago, BNAAct1867 said:

Has anyone gotten a list of interviewers from BLG yet?

Just did this morning via voicemail lol

2 hours ago, highwater said:

Did anyone else interviewing with McCarthy get an email from their CEO? Did you reply?

Yes but no did not bother— figured it was sent to 100 students so what’s the point (but take what I say with a grain of salt!)

• Like 2

For students who have already gone through this process, were you ever asked for a copy of your resume at in-firms? Should I really be printing it and bringing it with me?

It doesn’t hurt to have a couple of extra copies in your briefcase but chances are you won’t need them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macmill said:

For students who have already gone through this process, were you ever asked for a copy of your resume at in-firms? Should I really be printing it and bringing it with me?

An upper-year I asked told me it's not needed because at an in-firm he had the lawyer printed it in front of him as he walked in. I guess if the interview is at a boardroom that advice may not apply.  At OCI none of the firms I interviewed at wanted it and they all had a paper copy printed in their binder or on an iPad or laptop.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Newfoundland said:

An upper-year I asked told me it's not needed because at an in-firm he had the lawyer printed it in front of him as he walked in. I guess if the interview is at a boardroom that advice may not apply.  At OCI none of the firms I interviewed at wanted it and they all had a paper copy printed in their binder or on an iPad or laptop.

I've never been to an interview in my life where they didn't have my resume in hand when I went in. But who knows what technical errors could occur? If you're going to bring anything, a copy of your resume is the thing to have. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, macmill said:

I was never asked for one and It's not really necessary. Conversely, it takes 14.5 seconds to print out 5 extra copies to stow in your bag so do it anyway if it'll calm you.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Newfoundland said:

I am not. I am sorry if the question bothered you or anyone else. I was just not sure if there were some standard usual norms regarding thank you emails sent to two people at once. At OCIs I tried both.  I will limit my visits to only if I have a pressing question.  

Also, I wanted to add that I am very grateful for this forum in answering  a lot of my questions. I know that I ask too many questions sometimes and I am still learning in the process.  I also know that others at my law school at least have found some of my questions useful from the hallway chatter.  Thank you for all the help. 

I feel like this forum will be very quiet after next week.

Can you update us on how you land after the in-firm process?