wtamow

General 2L Recruit Question Thread

8 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I wouldn't. 

Even if you know for sure you’re gonna do the in firm?

20 minutes ago, RollMaster said:

Even if you know for sure you’re gonna do the in firm?

I would respond if you know you for sure are not going to do the in-firm since many firms seem to request that.

Yeah, I probably agree with wtamow. If you're certain you won't be interviewing with a firm, it would be courteous to let them know ahead of time. But if you're accepting the infirm, I see no reason to respond to their email. 

5 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

It would be awkward as heck to reject a firm on call day.

Why? If a firm that doesn't send PFOs / ITCs calls you, it could shift your order. If it shifts your order, you may have to decline some firms. 

You're going to have to say a lot more awkward things in your life than "Hello Morgans, thank you very much for your interview offer, but I will unfortunately have to decline". Hell, if you're lucky you'll have to say *gasp* "Hello Morgans, thank you very much for your job offer, but I will unfortunately have to decline" on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Why? If a firm that doesn't send PFOs / ITCs calls you, it could shift your order. If it shifts your order, you may have to decline some firms. 

You're going to have to say a lot more awkward things in your life than "Hello Morgans, thank you very much for your interview offer, but I will unfortunately have to decline". Hell, if you're lucky you'll have to say *gasp* "Hello Morgans, thank you very much for your job offer, but I will unfortunately have to decline" on Thursday. 

I would just turn down a firm by email. It's easier for me than to do so by phone. Luckily, I believe basically all OCI firms send ITCs so the only firms that may give a surprise call are the straight to in-firm ones.

28 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

I would just turn down a firm by email. It's easier for me than to do so by phone. Luckily, I believe basically all OCI firms send ITCs so the only firms that may give a surprise call are the straight to in-firm ones.

That's "turning down a firm on call day", but alright. 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois

11 minutes ago, pattie12 said:

Can anyone give a list of the straight to in-firm firms? 

Any firm who didn’t conduct OCIs at your school but is participating in the formal recruit.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any experience where some classmates have received ITCs and some have received PFOs but you've received nothing yet?

Is this a sign I'm on a waitlist? That I've been forgotten?

I've been waiting for weeks in this position and I am getting sick of it....

1 hour ago, runofthemill said:

Does anyone have any experience where some classmates have received ITCs and some have received PFOs but you've received nothing yet?

Is this a sign I'm on a waitlist? That I've been forgotten?

I've been waiting for weeks in this position and I am getting sick of it....

You are likely on a wait list. I would ask your CDO to confirm. Just keep your head up on call day - some people will inevitably cancel.

• Like 2

Should I schedule my first choice as my first or second interview? The benefit of having them first is that I'll be fresh but the benefit of having them second is that I would have had a warm up.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, harveyspecter993 said:

It would be awkward as heck to reject a firm on call day.

You'll be burnt-out as heck by call to the bar day, if you can't say no to stuff because it's too awkward. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Should I schedule my first choice as my first or second interview? The benefit of having them first is that I'll be fresh but the benefit of having them second is that I would have had a warm up.

As long as you schedule something on the first day, I don't think it will likely send a signal to the firm that you're not interested. Morning appointments are great, but I think every firm understands that there are others recruiting you, too, and you can't make every firm your 8am appointment.

So do what you think is most comfortable for you. My only concern would be making sure you give yourself enough time to get to your second interview!

How long does call day last? 

They start calling at 8am on Friday, but is it possible to get a call in the afternoon to schedule an in-firm?

Just trying to make sure I know what to expect on that day so I can plan accordingly.

1 hour ago, JaysFan364 said:

How long does call day last? 

They start calling at 8am on Friday, but is it possible to get a call in the afternoon to schedule an in-firm?

Just trying to make sure I know what to expect on that day so I can plan accordingly.

Like... 15 minutes really. Apparently the government might call later on in the day. Theoretically I guess someone might call in the afternoon, but I think that would be weird.

2 hours ago, easttowest said:

Like... 15 minutes really. Apparently the government might call later on in the day. Theoretically I guess someone might call in the afternoon, but I think that would be weird.

Do you call back to schedule it (after you know about all your choices/options in case you got off a WL or the firm never ITCed you) or do you literally schedule it when they call. 

6 hours ago, Newfoundland said:

Do you call back to schedule it (after you know about all your choices/options in case you got off a WL or the firm never ITCed you) or do you literally schedule it when they call. 

You schedule on the call. Bro... these firms aren’t out here holding slots open so you can get your perfect schedule. They’re calling candidates over and over and over again until they get through and filling their board. That’s why they send ITCs, so you have some idea of an ideal schedule going into the morning, but all bets are off immediately after the clock rolls over to 8am.

I have heard about mixups and calling back to reschedule, but that’s definitely an exception.