almondbutter

Giving an updated resume for In-Firm's - Appropriate?

If you have new experiences, or some updates in your roles, and you find that you are more competitive with an updated resume than what you submitted early August, is it appropriate to give an updated resume (for in-firms)?

Or are you generally good to go, and they just want to assess your fit/interpersonal skills and anything new on your resume is nothing in the hiring process?

If you've been offered an interview then I wouldn't bring another resume. If it's something really important or will separate you from the pack, try to bring it up organically during the interview if the correct opportunity presents its.

Ex:

Dusty old partner: "Well Almondbutter, I see from your list of academic awards that you won the provincial pie eating contest, can you tell me more about that?"

Almondbutter: "Oof, there was so much pie. And that's not even that half of it! I recently won the national pie eating contest."

I think it would be a bit weird to hand out new CV's in an interview or send revised ones in before.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:01 PM, setto said:

If you've been offered an interview then I wouldn't bring another resume. If it's something really important or will separate you from the pack, try to bring it up organically during the interview if the correct opportunity presents its.

Ex:

Dusty old partner: "Well Almondbutter, I see from your list of academic awards that you won the provincial pie eating contest, can you tell me more about that?"

Almondbutter: "Oof, there was so much pie. And that's not even that half of it! I recently won the national pie eating contest."

I think it would be a bit weird to hand out new CV's in an interview or send revised ones in before.

Thank you this is helpful!

Just out of curiosity, do questions like "what have you been up to this semester" come up during in firm interviews or dinners (if you don't really have anything exciting going on to bring up)? 

5 hours ago, Mocha said:

Just out of curiosity, do questions like "what have you been up to this semester" come up during in firm interviews or dinners (if you don't really have anything exciting going on to bring up)? 

Calm down guys. If you’re asked what you’ve been up to just imagine the way a human might answer that question and try to do that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1