savysworld23

Personal Statement Part A+B and online interview

23 hours ago, scarletrunner said:

I did part B, got invited for the online interview, have yet to complete.

Do you know what the online interview process is like? Also, if the online interview needs to be completed before November 1st? Thanks!

Following your invitation to the online interview, you have 2 weeks to complete the interview until they give you a warning reminder email. I have not done it yet, but it is a series of 7 scenario type questions you have to answer, I will post more details when I have done it

• Like 3

Thank you so much you are the best! 

On 10/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, scarletrunner said:

Following your invitation to the online interview, you have 2 weeks to complete the interview until they give you a warning reminder email. I have not done it yet, but it is a series of 7 scenario type questions you have to answer, I will post more details when I have done it

For part B, do you think it would be ok to do a top down reasoning as to why, for example, i would do x first then y and then b and explain why. OR should I just pick x for example and explain that till i hit the 2,500? 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, scarletrunner said:

there isn't really a right or wrong answer, it's more about seeing how you prove your answer is the best 

Thanks! I seconded guess myself because I thought my reasoning was waayyy off so I decided to post here. 

On 10/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, scarletrunner said:

Is it just recording yourself answering these questions? So it's not like a Skype job interview? 

On 10/21/2019 at 11:09 AM, penguinh said:

Is it just recording yourself answering these questions? So it's not like a Skype job interview? 

Its recording yourself and answering the questions! They have a specific forum you log on to to make the recording and access the questions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you prepare for the question ahead of time?  - or they just ask you right away and you have to answer on the spot

• Like 2

Does anyone know how long it takes them to send the interview and whether or not it's due November 1st too? I submitted my application on OLSAS last Thursday and they sent me an acknowledgment email this morning but not a link to the interview. 

It shouldn’t be due November 1st. I read somewhere that there’s around 2 weeks to complete the interview after receiving the link and the link should be sent after submitting the application. There was an online section yesterday someone recorded for me because I couldn’t watch it, I will watch it to see if they mention anything about the online interview and let you know.

Am I missing something? What is the "hypothetical situation" in Part B of the personal statement? I cannot find this hypothetical situation on either Ryerson's website or Ryerson's OLSAS page. I am confused.

22 hours ago, CarlosLima said:

It shouldn’t be due November 1st. I read somewhere that there’s around 2 weeks to complete the interview after receiving the link and the link should be sent after submitting the application. There was an online section yesterday someone recorded for me because I couldn’t watch it, I will watch it to see if they mention anything about the online interview and let you know.

Thanks! 

I have still yet to receive the link to the online interview. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, scarletrunner said:

Its recording yourself and answering the questions! They have a specific forum you log on to to make the recording and access the questions 

On 10/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mydream123 said:

Can you prepare for the question ahead of time?  - or they just ask you right away and you have to answer on the spot

No you can't prepare. They ask and you have about 20-30 secs to think about it

On 10/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mydream123 said:

On 10/29/2019 at 12:49 AM, savysworld23 said:

No you can't prepare. They ask and you have about 20-30 secs to think about it

Ya I just received the email. It says that you have unlimited time to "practice" but once the actual interview starts you have to finish it in one go because they want to see your "candid response". 

On 10/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, penguinh said:

Ya I just received the email. It says that you have unlimited time to "practice" but once the actual interview starts you have to finish it in one go because they want to see your "candid response". 

So do you get to see the questions beforehand ?