pumpkinpie

A 15X on record; take September to show tiny improvement before taking October or November?

Hey everyone. Given that U of T application deadline is November 1, I was wondering if "15X, 160ish, taking October or November" on my application would look better for admissions than "15X, taking October or November" would. For context, my Best 3 Years GPA is slightly higher than last year's median, and I went to U of T for undergrad. 

It's much better to have the 160 score on your application. 

But if your GPA is just above median, and your (highest) LSAT a 15X or  160, there is not a high chance that you will get into UofT law with those stats. 

Edited by JaysFan364

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Does anyone know when the award list is going out for this year? I know it went out by this time last year already but I’m assuming everything is delayed because of Covid. 
    • so if SOLUS says 500 unapplied credit that means they received our deposit right? Thanks!
    • It is so nerve-wracking seeing people doing deposits while you are still under evaluation. So glad for you guys!! Hope the course selection goes well
    • I was looking at the Western Facebook group for off campus housing and off campus housing looks significantly cheaper compared to residence. London Hall is 9800 for the 8 months, whereas you can probably find a decent room in an apartment for around $700 a month (5600). I know prices are a bit cheaper because undergrad students are trying to give away their leases since most undergrad classes are going online. However, I was leaning towards residence because if the coronavirus situation gets worse, Western is going to refund the residence money if campus closes. If I sign off campus, I would still have to pay for months that I might not potentially live in the apartment. So I guess my question to fellow Western students is: are you living off campus or on campus given this info? I was leaning towards residence as well since other 1Ls might also be living there (apparently law students live on the same floor) 
    • Some do, some don’t. They may also need video cameras, microphones, etc. Some universities are also likely paying for some of/all of lecturers’ internet costs.  Canadian universities are multi-billion dollar companies. It’s safe to assume they’ve done the math and figured out that increased costs are going to outweigh money saved on catering.