• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• The advantage is that if you don’t get in through the IC category you still get a chance at the index category. Also, for IC they don’t put any weight to your GPA or LSAT score — they consider your application as a whole. 
    • Hey all,   I'm a 1L, starting to think about recruits and stressed about the amount of firms that ask for your undergrad transcripts. I didn't perform well in my first 2 years of undergrad and am scared it will reflect poorly on me for recruits. Do firms place a lot of emphasis on undergrad grades? Should I address the low marks of my first 2 years in my cover letter? Thanks in advance for the help 
    • Hey all, I was looking at the Applicant Info Bulletin 2020-2021, and I noticed I qualify under the individual consideration category as a "mature applicant". While I definitely don't feel mature, I turned 25 in March so technically I qualify. I haven't really had any sizeable hardships at this point, so would it be worth it for me to apply under this category? I've got a self-calculated index of 74.51 (which is on track to go up to a 75+ when I get my fall grades, and I realize fall grades won't be counted if I apply IC), so I think I could get in regularly off the waitlist.  Thanks in advance!
    • I'm not OP but I want to weigh in: Is law school super hard? Depends on who you are and how you study. Some people find it considerably more difficult than others. There's no singular study method that works best. Personally, it hasn't been much harder than my bachelor of arts. Is their cliques? Yes. High school never ends. There are always cliques. There will be cliques in law school and there will be cliques at your future law firm. Do professors actually care? In general, yes. TRU law professors seem to care quite a bit about their students in my experience.
    • That's very subjective and I can't really answer that. It could be any number of things that deviates from the norm. Imagine the norm being applying to law school in your last year of undergrad with nothing but summer retail jobs (there's nothing wrong with retail, it's just not unique) and a few club memberships on your resume. If you're that type of person with an average GPA (70%) and an average LSAT (150), you don't really have a good shot at law school.