lawstudent67

chances? 155 with 4.10 GPA

Hi guys, 

I have a 155 LSAT (writing again in September and October) and a gpa of 4.10/4.33. I have strong references, hopefully a strong PS. I graduated from UBC, with average EC (volunteered in a substance use and cognition research lab at UBC, and habitat for humanity organization. Thanks!

In. Keep in mind, though, that Alberta averages LSAT scores 

Edited by AJD19

I would be surprised if you don't get in as is, but as AJD says, they average, so you can either help or hurt your chances this fall. 

Isn't UBC a percentage school? What's your percentage average for your last 2 years?

On 9/14/2019 at 1:38 PM, Toad said:

Isn't UBC a percentage school? What's your percentage average for your last 2 years?

yes they do percentage and have a scale up to 4.33. My percentage from last 2 years was 89.1%

12 minutes ago, lawstudent67 said:

yes they do percentage and have a scale up to 4.33. My percentage from last 2 years was 89.1%

That would translate to a 4.0 at the U of A (unless something has changed since I got accepted 1.5 years ago)

A 4.0 with a 155 would mean you're essentially guaranteed an acceptance

UBC: borderline

UofA, USask, UMan, UCalgary: guaranteed in, even without EC's (or even a personality!)

Queens/ Western/ Ott: Maybe

Dal: Likely

Osgoode/ UofT: unlikely or tough call.

McGill: Mixed bag. Largely dependent on your Quebec nationalist fervour and likely a coin toss.

The slug bucket (Lakey, Ryerzz, Windsorry, ThomsyRibbers, NewBrunny): Guess my answer

--

Decent chance at really anything but the top 3 or 4 ranked schools. Rewrite if pedigree matters to you.  

Edited by gorgonzola
added wisdom