1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 902

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 235

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)

• Vadoet
    • GoatDuck
    • aurora borealis
    • CleanHands
    • atelieranicca
    • Littlemug
    • am0229
    • Toast Viking
    • warraeli
    • Iclown
    • nausea
    • CB2021
    • XXX
    • Legallyanxious
    • Foxycat
    • scooter
    • Legalboi
    • Cray
    • silverblizzard
    • Scrantonicity2
    • Lawstudents20202020
    • Surgames
    • Chef Justice
    • leftphalange
    • FutureLStudent
    • cola
    • Jess222
    • canuckfanatic
    • Patronus B
    • lawschoolbro
    • Rigel
    • futurelawyerrr

• Recent Posts

• LMP
      As you'd expect from a school as big as Osgoode, you get a mixed bag. That can be good and bad. You'll find plenty of people you really like, but also some people who will probably piss you off.  In a way I think that's true of any school, but I really think Osgoode is great at creating niches. 
    • GoatDuck
      This thread was truly a Warhammer 40k
    • XXX
    • Yogurt Baron
      As someone said upthread (jeez, I guess maybe we are all the same person!), even leaving aside substance, the imperious tone you bring is in and of itself deeply irritating, and I promise you, if you're going around acting like this in real life, you're rubbing people the wrong way. You don't get to dictate that you're "ending this thread", much less with a not-too-veiled declaration that you think everyone's engaged in a conspiracy against you, and also, no one except for maybe your mom cares what you do and don't "care for". Exactly who in the fuck do you think you are? I'm not seeing any "psychoanalysis"; just people trying, with varying levels of patience (mine is wearing thin, so I'm going to bow out now), to help you get along better with others. Looks like a lost cause.
    • GoatDuck
      I’ve found UofT to be fairly cliquey, which is bad. But I’m also not the most social duck so it might be on me.    I’ve also found UofT to be very corporate conservative, which is good (if you’re into that sort of stuff). Most people answer the “why law” question with “I want that money!” Finding someone who says they want to do public interest is an exception. This is to say that there is no moral police roaming the halls, and people generally seem chill. Most people are budgeting for buying another spine down the road. 
    • XXX
      I don't care for the strange turn of this thread from economic matters to psychoanalysis. I'll end this thread with something I find more thought-provoking. "People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the publick, or in some contrivance to raise prices'." - Adam Smith
    • hihihi
      Hi everyone, Sorry for another Osgoode vs UofT post. I'm interested in hearing about differences in campus culture and community between the two schools. I know UofT has better OCI placement rates, while Osgoode has more clinics/social justice opportunities. I have an interest in Big Law but am not deadset on it - this means I'm uncertain whether I should go to UofT for a stronger chance in Big Law, or go to Osgoode for better opportunities in other areas. Since both schools offer excellent career prospects, I wanted to get more information on the school community. I've heard the two schools have a distinct culture, is this true? I value having a supportive community where it'll be easy to make tight-knit friends. I'd be grateful for any advice and information!
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.