1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 913

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 246

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 109 Guests (See full list)

• JohnnyCochrane68
    • doggoford
    • Scrantonicity2
    • B_Stone
    • chillypepper
    • Pleagol
    • Jess222
    • torontowaxy
    • LMP
    • loonie
    • CB2021
    • Kurrika
    • Yogurt Baron
    • Meleven
    • Pizzaandpasta
    • ZineZ
    • wakarimasen
    • canuckfanatic
    • TomCarnivalCruise
    • Lawoneday
    • piranesi
    • evergreen
    • canlawgirl
    • Excellent Boiled Potatoes
    • BHC1
    • Evolution
    • Peculiar Frond
    • Lawhopeful123
    • AMPM
    • Volenti
    • helloall
    • jxvi
    • Lawstudent234
    • Dano
    • luna12
    • Renerik
    • LegallyBrunette867
    • Nurrdeer
    • hopefulromantic

• Recent Posts

• Pizzaandpasta
      Thank you both for your candid answers! I appreciate the honesty and encouragement.    I know the best course of action to take right now is to leverage other parts of my application and try to stand out since my grades don’t do much for me. My next question is, what makes an “excellent” application? I’m confident in my writing and I’ve written some pretty good cover letters and gotten interviews based off of those. I do need to sharpen my interview skills this summer so I’m more prepared for the 2L recruit, and I’ll also need to make great connections with important people at these firms which will take work but I’m not overly worried about that because I do believe I’m a personable and sociable person that can connect somewhat easily with others (and leave a decent impression for that matter).  But does anyone have tips on how I can craft an excellent application given my situation (2 C’s in 1L)?  I also understand that luck shouldn’t be understated in these matters - because if it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen. But before I leave things up to the universe, I do want to do my part and my due diligence in attempting to secure a semi-decent chance of succeeding in the recruit.  
    • LegallyBrunette867
      Spot 16 posted on discord they just accepted the offer! 
    • biffo852
      Usually they say go to the the school in your destination province. However, in this case i would urge you to consider Dal. Dal is a great school and there are so many Dal grads in BC.  Premier David Eby is a Dal grad. Dal had the most success as an out-of-province school in  the last Vancouver recruit. When I attended a BC MAG articling panel, the crown prosecutor on the panel was a Dal grad and told me that they have no preference for in province schools.  Also, look up the tuition for both schools. TRU is surprisingly high given the university does not fund the faculty well.
    • LMP
      Being a mature applicant lowers the weight given to grades, but doesn't eliminate it. Having said that you have a strong LSAT score. Use your application to explain why your GPA was low, use that LSAT score as evidence of your academic ability. Build in how your work experince has shaped you too.  All of this, paired with a applying broadly, will give you decent odds of an acceptance somewhere. The better your narrative and experince, the higher those chances go. 
    • LMP
      Be careful of conflating the recurit and biglaw. The vast majority of the recruit is in fact, not big law at all.  Your grades, frankly, are going to hurt your odds of landing a bay street firm or some of the pickier botiques. But there are many options avalible to you and the answer to your question is that many people have found success in the recurit with grades much like yours.  You can help yourself by crafting excellent application materials and applying broadly. 
    • yercookies
      nope, I don't think so. Idk why it is taking so long and why this year's cycle is going by so slowly 
    • Ribbons
      Ooo, okay, this is very comforting to know. I feel like my law school MC questions were either written as trick questions or mistakes so I have been trained to really pay attention to those details.  OH, okay yes this makes sense!! And glad you echo the same advice. I am so used to trickiness in law school it is a bit hard to turn that part of my brain off, but I will do my best to do so.  And shoutout to that last bit lol the materials are so long and, I am noticing, a bit repetitive. Thankfully, I have great technology that makes reading more fun (aka Speechify), but it is still an immense amount of work.    Thank you both for your help!!!
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.