wtamow

2L Summer (2020) Toronto Recruit PFOs/ITCs

On 9/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, AnimeAndSports said:

To get a solid amount of OCI interest from the big full service firms, seems like 3 Hs is the minimum they are looking for. I know several people with a single H , or straight Ps who have been rejected across the board so far.

What would you consider a solid number?

FYI, for U of T students, I have it on good authority that at least some employers have posted on UTLC. 

1 minute ago, Otter248 said:

FYI, for U of T students, I have it on good authority that at least some employers have posted on UTLC. 

Lists for OCIs are up. 

Hey so how does this work exactly? In the case of an ITC, are you getting an email from the firm saying that you've been selected for an interview and they have an "intention to call" i.e. to schedule it later? Or are these notifications from your career services office? Thanks in advance from the newb.

1 hour ago, talos said:

Hey so how does this work exactly? In the case of an ITC, are you getting an email from the firm saying that you've been selected for an interview and they have an "intention to call" i.e. to schedule it later? Or are these notifications from your career services office? Thanks in advance from the newb.

When an email is send out at this stage, it just confirms that you’ve got an interview with the firm (or saying that you’ve been rejected), there’ll be no actual “calling”. I don’t think every firm send out such emails, you’ll get the full list of all the OCIs you’ve been offered from your career office.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OfficialFish said:

Has anyone at mcgill heard anything from any firm after davies? 

I have not and neither have my friends 

• Like 1

stikeman PFO, oz

is it safe to say that if you're not getting a PFO at this point, you're chances of getting an OCI are good when the list is released or does that mean nothing? 

The logic of not getting a PFO applies equally to not getting an ITC. It doesn't mean anything.