wtamow

2L Summer (2020) Toronto Recruit PFOs/ITCs

59 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

McCartrhy reached out yesterday. Norton today.

Does that mean McCarthys is done with ITC/offers since Osgoode was the last OCI school?  Do they send PFOs? They sent out UofT ITC yesterday too according to this forum.   

Norton --> did anyone get a PFO from them? I never heard back from them for UofT OCI but they sent ITCs to UofT. 

Edited by Newfoundland

1 hour ago, pattie12 said:

I just want to know if any Canadian student had received an itc. Thnx 

UofT got theirs (DLA) over Thanksgiving 

1 minute ago, Newfoundland said:

Does that mean McCarthys is done with ITC/offers since Osgoode was the last OCI school?  Do they send PFOs? They sent out UofT ITC yesterday too according to this forum.   

Norton --> did anyone get a PFO from them? I never heard back from them for UofT OCI but they sent ITCs to UofT. 

I answered your question re McCarthys yesterday. I'm also sure that U of T has a similar spreadsheet to the one we have at Oz that would answer all of your other questions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

I answered your question re McCarthys yesterday. I'm also sure that U of T has a similar spreadsheet to the one we have at Oz that would answer all of your other questions. 

Sorry, I just added the PFO question on the side in case anyone new knew the answer to it or got one today etc. At  UofT we have a document too (found it today) with some of these but it has not been fully accurate and it think it is because it was last updated before apps were due.  I posted earlier today because I was surprised Osgoode got McCarthys yesterday when UofT got it yesterday too so I am not sure if they are evaluating UofT and Osgoode apps "in the same pile" now since we were the last two for OCIs and call day is soon. 

Edited by Newfoundland

2 hours ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Has anyone heard from Filion Wakely?

ITC Filion (Windsor) 

20 minutes ago, JonSnow95 said:

do you know if they send PFO's? 

I am pretty sure they don't send PFOs

Does anyone know if ITCs go out sporadically or like a mass email to all the people invited for an in firm?

5 minutes ago, Lawschoolia2018 said:

I am pretty sure they don't send PFOs

Does anyone know if ITCs go out sporadically or like a mass email to all the people invited for an in firm?

Depends on firm but usually mass mail

Has anyone heard from: Koskie Minsky, Ogletree, Torkin Manes, Littler, or Dickinson Wright? 

Just now, 41666 said:

Has anyone heard from: Koskie Minsky, Ogletree, Torkin Manes, Littler, or Dickinson Wright? 

Torkin went out yesterday, Dickinson went out previously. Koskie has not sent anything yet and may not - their past record indicates they don't always send ITCs.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• 1Ls take a standardized set of courses, so I'd imagine that it'd be much easier to coordinate an in-person curriculum for them than it would be for upper years. Western presumably needs to provide its students with some degree of certainty before the academic year so that people can make plans based on that information - they can't adopt a wait-and-see approach and suddenly switch the mode of instruction mid-year. If the school were to provide an in-person option for some upper year courses but not others, there'd inevitably be complaints about that inconsistency, too.  I understand that you're frustrated, but schools are accommodating students by offering them the ability to continue their education in unprecedented circumstances. 
    • I was not aware about the undergrads. Thanks for letting me know.  We have 4 classrooms, 51, 52, 36, and 38 I believe that can do 25 person classes with social distancing. With classes going from 8:30 am - 8pm everyday, 5 days a week, there is plenty of time for more classes than just small groups (even with a small break in between classes to disinfect).  My main point is, I do not think 1Ls should have a monopoly over in person classes. 5/6 of their classes will be in person. Upper years can't even get one? Why can't one class, say criminal for example, go online? And with the physical room that is opened up by moving just 1 more 1L class online, that can allow for a few upper year classes in person (either in the faculty of education, or in the law building). That one switch can have upper years around which has its benefits that outweigh the consequences of giving 1L's 4/6 classes in person instead of 5/6.   The support network of having upper years around to not only mentor students socially and academically, but to simply just run extra curriculars, cannot be replicated remotely. If 1L's will be in person, upper years to some extent need to be there as well. They go hand in hand! Upper years want to help 1L's, many of us are eager too, and our absence is actually detrimental to 1L social and academic success in my opinion.  Upper years can be physically present at the law building if fewer 1L classes are in person, and that physical space is given to us. I know I am throwing out hypotheticals that may have logistical difficulties, but admin has not explained anything, and they should.   
    • This isn't true. Western undergrad is aiming to provide 25-30% of classes in person. To make this happen, I imagine that every building on campus that can be used, will be used. The Faculty of Law has discussed the possibility that any classrooms too small to accommodate classes will be converted to study rooms, so that space is utilized as much as possible.  Further, to your point that upper year classes could be held in our larger lecture halls, we only have maybe 3 classrooms that could accommodate a 25 person class with social distancing. Those will be full just from running the small group program - the school has said that all other in-person 1L classes will have to be held at the Faculty of Education.  I get that you're frustrated. I'm sad that we won't be back in school too. But this clearly isn't admin being lazy. Delivering both in person and online options this year, while creating contingency plans for a second wave, has got to be a logistical nightmare. Many schools have given up entirely and gone 100% online. I'm happy they're giving 1Ls an opportunity to make the most of their 1st year, even if it means the rest of us get the short end of the stick. 
    • I agree with you - 1L's need in person the most. I just think that since the plan is already there for some in person classes, why cant it be extended for a small selection of upper year classes, especially given that we were told of a mixed model and that Western thrives with in person interaction? Upper years shouldn't be told to do everything online because 1L's need more socialization and deserve the building more, to me at least, that is not enough.   
    • I can't speak to whether the reasons stated were the real reasons or not, but I do personally think that the largest transition is from 0L to 1L. Unlike upper year students, incoming 1Ls currently have no formed relationships with other students, no understanding of the law, no experience with legal research, etc. Many have never done a moot or been in a law library. None have had the kind of legal education that only in person classes can bring (I'm thinking lots of questions/discussion).  Many law schools are going fully online for all years. The way I see it they made a decision to try to keep some semblance of normalcy for the entering 1Ls, putting extra resources/effort into them, rather than taking from 2Ls and 3Ls. But I can absolutely appreciate the feeling that it is unfair. All students will likely pay the same tuition, and surely most students would prefer an in-person experience. I do hope that admin/the SLS hear you, and perhaps complaints from your fellow students, and are able to accomodate something that feels more fair to you. These are definitely shit times.