Sign in to follow this  
lawyeredup

Parking situation (any alternatives?)

Hey guys, 

I was unable to get a parking permit in the raffle and I was wondering if there are any other alternatives (other than bussing which is another option I am leaning towards) that may be easier? Are there any places around U of S that are 2 hour free parking? 

Hey. What neighbourhood are you at? I suggest bussing for most people because the campus bus mall is fairly nearby the college. There are a a VERY limited number of paid (expensive) parking spots near campus, there is a paid lot nearby for 15$ a day, and elusive street parking in nearby varsity view which can be almost/more than 20 min away. There are also spots to rent at the hospital for Big money.

So your parking options are either highly inconvenient, highly unpredictable, or highly expensive. The bus is relatively convenient and cheep for most areas of the city. So unless you are in the boonies the loser-cruiser is probably cheeper, easier, and quicker.

@lawyeredup, what some people do also is park on 14th St just south of college by a couple blocks. If you want free parking, that is your best bet. 15-20 min walk to Law building but it's free.