Does anyone else think the 1L schedule is f*cking stupid? 

A three hour break on Tuesdays, Wednesdays off, and we don't get to leave until 3:30? Why not let us decide our own schedules like multiple other universities so we don't have to sit with our collective thumbs up our asses for two-three hours a day? 

And no, I don't need a lunch break, I'm a grown up. 

Which Universities let their 1L class decide their schedule?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MaryCherry said:

Does anyone else think the 1L schedule is f*cking stupid? 

A three hour break on Tuesdays, Wednesdays off, and we don't get to leave until 3:30? Why not let us decide our own schedules like multiple other universities so we don't have to sit with our collective thumbs up our asses for two-three hours a day? 

And no, I don't need a lunch break, I'm a grown up. 

I think the expectation is that you'll probably use the gaps to do something called "reading". 

Of course, you're fully entitled to sit there with your thumb up your ass like the "grown up" you are. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wtamow said:

Which Universities let their 1L class decide their schedule?

I know for certain Dalhousie, Robson Hall, and the U of A do. 

At Dal we do not pick our own schedules in 1L. We're randomly assigned one of three first year sections (A, B, or C) and the schedule is completely determined for us. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MaryCherry said:

6 minutes ago, DalLaw2021 said:

At Dal we do not pick our own schedules in 1L. We're randomly assigned one of three first year sections (A, B, or C) and the schedule is completely determined for us. 

On the bright side, having your thumb up your ass might prevent you from speaking out of it. 

Edited by cigarettes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, cigarettes said:

I think the expectation is that you'll probably use the gaps to do something called "reading". 

Of course, you're fully entitled to sit there with your thumb up your ass like the "grown up" you are. 

Okay, listen here, ass hat. I like to do my reading at home, the way I've been doing it for the past four years during my undergrad. Obviously it worked for me since I got into law school. I'm not interested in lugging my books all over Hell's half acre trying to find a quiet corner of the library or student lounge to read in when I can do it from the comfort of my couch with an old fashioned. Furthermore, I don't need someone to block out time in the middle of my day for me to do my readings since I'm a night owl as is. It would be much more productive for me, and undoubtedly others, if we could set our own schedules. By the way, the period goes inside of the quotation mark. Idiot. 

12 minutes ago, cigarettes said:

On the bright side, having your thumb up your ass might prevent you from speaking out of it. 

I think I once passed through Saskatchewan by train, and I've flown over it a number of times. But seeing comment excerpts in the sidebar attracted me to this thread.

I was just wondering why OP is so against a lunch break. If she doesn't want to eat lunch okay, but why should other people be denied the opportunity?! Eating in class is problematic for multiple reasons (sound, smell, sight, spring to mind). And what's wrong with having a day off in the middle of the week, in which she could study all day at home, sipping old fashioneds?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaryCherry said:

I can do it from the comfort of my couch with an old fashioned

You drink while studying?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, epeeist said:

I think I once passed through Saskatchewan by train, and I've flown over it a number of times. But seeing comment excerpts in the sidebar attracted me to this thread.

I was just wondering why OP is so against a lunch break. If she doesn't want to eat lunch okay, but why should other people be denied the opportunity?! Eating in class is problematic for multiple reasons (sound, smell, sight, spring to mind). And what's wrong with having a day off in the middle of the week, in which she could study all day at home, sipping old fashioneds?

1. Bold of you to assume I'm a "she."

2. If other people want to eat lunch, fine, schedule yourself a lunch break. That's my point, there's so much more utility when we set our own schedules. People eat in class all the time. And "in the middle of the week" is precisely the problem. Why have it Wednesday and not Friday? Three day weekends? See where I'm going here? 

1 hour ago, MaryCherry said:

I can definitely confirm for 1L Dalhousie and U of A do not 

Law schools always set the schedule for 1L. 

@MaryCherry  If, indeed, you are a grown up, please act like one and refrain from calling people names here. Our rules are few but one of the few is don't be a jerk. Dial it back if you plan to continue participating here. Thanks.

This is one of the strangest complaints I've ever read on these forums.