lawschoolhopeful6

Chances? 3.37 cGPA / 3.59 L2 / 161 LSAT

I'd really really appreciate anyones input on my chances at Ontario schools!

3.37 cGPA OLSAS

3.59 L2

3.5 B3

161 LSAT (152, 151 on first two)

I'm planning on applying to Queens, Western, and Osgoode.

If anyone's got input as to my chances at other schools too such as U of O, U of C, McGill, and Dal, please share those too!

Posted (edited)

Off the bat I would say work harder and try to get a 165+ as your CGPA and l2 are going to be detrimental for you. 

I could give you percentages on the likelihood of acceptance but honestly you need a 165+, maybe even 167+(unless you have some really great EC's). 

Edited by yeezy

6 hours ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

I'd really really appreciate anyones input on my chances at Ontario schools!

3.37 cGPA OLSAS

3.59 L2

3.5 B3

161 LSAT (152, 151 on first two)

I'm planning on applying to Queens, Western, and Osgoode.

If anyone's got input as to my chances at other schools too such as U of O, U of C, McGill, and Dal, please share those too!

My own experience only- ( 6-7 years ago)

161 and cGPA 3.47. 3.74 L2

wait list for Queens, Western , Osgoode and Windsor.

U of O is a slight possibility but cGPA is a bit low.

51 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

My own experience only- ( 6-7 years ago)

161 and cGPA 3.47. 3.74 L2

wait list for Queens, Western , Osgoode and Windsor.

U of O is a slight possibility but cGPA is a bit low.

If you don’t mind me asking, we’re you accepted off the wait list to any of those schools? I imagine Osgoode is a far stretch with my statistics but I’m hoping Queens or Western are a possibility 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, we’re you accepted off the wait list to any of those schools? I imagine Osgoode is a far stretch with my statistics but I’m hoping Queens or Western are a possibility 

You need a better lsat for Queens and western imo. I applied to both last cycle with better cgpa and same lsat and didn't even get on waitlist. Got 166 this cycle and got into western in the first round. 

Edited by yeezy

54 minutes ago, yeezy said:

You need a better lsat for Queens and western imo. I applied to both last cycle with better cgpa and same lsat and didn't even get on waitlist. Got 166 this cycle and got into western in the first round. 

I got a 164 and was rejected at Queens last year, but I'm not sure if it was my LSAT that was the culprit. I'm going back for a year of courses to raise my L2 (currently at a 3.75) and I've written a new PS which I've been told is a big improvement over the one I wrote last year. Do you think a 164 cuts it for Queens? I'm applying Access.

10 hours ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

no

I was accepted to Queen’s and Western relatively early in the process with a 3.39 CGPA (L2 was closer to 3.0) and 161, 165 LSAT scores. Granted, I took a leap year before applying to get some work experience.

I think you have a chance. All comes down to the application materials.

3 minutes ago, SeniorLopez247 said:

I was accepted to Queen’s and Western relatively early in the process with a 3.39 CGPA (L2 was closer to 3.0) and 161, 165 LSAT scores. Granted, I took a leap year before applying to get some work experience.

Your L2 was a 3.0 or was that a typo?

4 hours ago, yeezy said:

I mean, I see a lot of people who were accepted off the waitlist to both Queens and Western with similar stats under the "Accepted" forum for each school, but I guess like SeniorLopez247 said, the PS, EC, and LOR are also big components of it. I keep hearing people say that L2 is more important to Queens and Western than cGPA, that's why i'm hoping I at least have a slim chance of getting in. Appreciate the response and advice!

1 hour ago, SeniorLopez247 said:

Yeah i'll be taking this upcoming year off to gain some work experience too, so hopefully that helps my case. But I'll definitely need to make sure my other application components are as good as they can get to even have a chance at Queens and Western.

I did my business degree in 4 years (5 classes a semester and one semester with 6) as opposed to the usual 5 years (which most people seem to be doing these days), but from what I've heard they don't really look at how full the applicants schedule is, do they?

Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I got a 164 and was rejected at Queens last year, but I'm not sure if it was my LSAT that was the culprit. I'm going back for a year of courses to raise my L2 (currently at a 3.75) and I've written a new PS which I've been told is a big improvement over the one I wrote last year. Do you think a 164 cuts it for Queens? I'm applying Access.

Sorry just to clarify, you had a 164 LSAT/3.75 L2 and got rejected from Queens?

8 minutes ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

Sorry just to clarify, you had a 164 LSAT/3.75 L2 and got rejected from Queens?

I was, yes. But I think it's important to note that I only have one year at a full course load, so Queens couldn't calculate a best two years for me. That's why I'm going back this fall to do a year of courses. If all goes according to plan, I will have a B2 by the end of it, which will be a 3.88. My PS was also considered poor, so I've rewritten a new PS which has been given some positive feedback so far.

6 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I was, yes. But I think it's important to note that I only have one year at a full course load, so Queens couldn't calculate a best two years for me. That's why I'm going back this fall to do a year of courses. If all goes according to plan, I will have a B2 by the end of it, which will be a 3.88. My PS was also considered poor, so I've rewritten a new PS which has been given some positive feedback so far.

Ohh ok I see. Well sounds like you should have a good chance after this next year of courses then!

18 minutes ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

Ohh ok I see. Well sounds like you should have a good chance after this next year of courses then!

I certainly hope so - I ain't getting any younger!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

I mean, I see a lot of people who were accepted off the waitlist to both Queens and Western with similar stats under the "Accepted" forum for each school, but I guess like SeniorLopez247 said, the PS, EC, and LOR are also big components of it. I keep hearing people say that L2 is more important to Queens and Western than cGPA, that's why i'm hoping I at least have a slim chance of getting in. Appreciate the response and advice!

Yes but you don't see the people that didn't get in with similar stats. I made the mistake of reading way too much into stats in the accepted threads and I thought I was in with my 161. If you're okay with that slim chance and have other options then of course that's fine. For me I only wanted law school and so my mistake really hurt me. 

7 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I don't want to be too affirmative with my comments because at the end of the day, it's still an educated? guess at best. Anyways, I definitely wouldn't put so much weight on your ps, it really is going to a small factor. If an 3.75 l2 and 164 didn't get you in then either look to your cgpa or improving your lsat.

I would also double check that your l2 is correct. You can possibly call Queens and ask what they calculated your l2 as. 

11 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Your L2 was a 3.0 or was that a typo?

No typo - that’s about accurate. I don’t remember the exact number, but I had a downward trend in the tail end of undergrad. I did have some family emergencies, but not enough to account for the trend.