• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hey guys,  I have a couple of questions. I know basics about the gpa conversion (the chart they use -4.33 scale) but I'm a little confused on the number of credits drops in my case, as I took some credit/nocredit courses with no percentage/grades given. I have 135 credits in terms of graded ones (I did a fifth year) but I have 144 total credits.  If I drop 6 half year credits my GPA works out to 3.78/4.33 If I drop 8 half year credits, my GPA works out to 3.85/4.33 If I drop 10 half year credits, GPA is 3.90/4.33 My LSAT is a 163. Does anyone know how many credits I would be able to drop in my situation and also what my chances would be? I can't seem to find answers in the threads or when I call the office its opaque Thank you
    • I dont really think its a problem. I took psych 100 and a 200 level course in my final semester. 
    • There is an environmental law class, and there's an environmental law club that organizes negotiation competitions involving mock 3-party negotiations between a government, a corporation, and a local community. Students also go to UBC every year to participate in a TRU/UBC/Uvic environmental law negotiation competition. Last year TRU sent multiple teams and took home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
    • Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to receive your lsat score after you finish the written portion? 
    • A more thorough response now that I have a minute.  No one whatsoever would question why you are applying to Ottawa for health law such that you have to justify it by talking about being close to federal institutions (which doesn't make a ton of sense anyway since much more health policy is done at the provincial level) and explaining that the tuition is lower.  Ottawa is, unquestionably, the strongest school for health law in Ontario.  It isn't even close.  The UofT used to be strong in health law, but due to departures, retirements, etc., the program is a mere shell of what it used to be.  If you look at the list of faculty now, it is Trudo Lemmens and two people who are retired.  And if you look at the purported list of courses, they list anything even vaguely relevant to health law, including administrative law and patents.  Those aren't health law classes.  As for Osgoode, they don't have much of anything relevant to JDs.  They have a professional LLM in health law and a certificate program that is not for current JD students.  Looking at their current list of JD courses, they have Disability and the Law taught by an adjunct, Environmental Law, which no one considers health law, Health Law taught by two adjuncts, Law and Psychiatry taught by two adjuncts, and Patents, which no one considers health law (and the guy teaching it doesn't specialize in pharma patents anyway).  They do have a couple of people who do health law but aren't teaching or whose work is only tangentially related to health law.