McGillObama

Curious as to what Undergrads People Chose

Basically anything. I'd guess there is a skew towards the humanities generally and within that I knew more people with poli sci than anything else but that's anecdotal.

I did a B.Comm.  It was my fall back plan because originally I wanted a psychology or sociology degree and to go into law enforcement.  I changed my mind to law after attending several ride-alongs and volunteering with victim services.  But then I was also incredibly poor after taking two years of 3 classes per term to fit school around working multiple jobs, and couldn't fathom how I would ever afford that many years of school, so I switched to business with the idea that might open more doors than psych/soci.  I'm glad I did, because I actually found it very interesting, and I landed a career partway through that helped me fund it since it was directly applicable (though this meant dropping to part time to make my career the priority and significantly delaying graduation).  

In my degree, I still got a lot of the how-people-and-society-tick side of things with communications, marketing and organizational behavior; plus I got some really valuable tools for life and business with an understanding of finance, accounting and statistics.  I mixed up my electives as much as possible too, and I feel like my undergrad gave me a really well rounded education.  

Ps. I eventually decided that law wasn't ACTUALLY that much more school, and went for it. 

Choose the undergrad that you think you will enjoy most, because enjoying something makes performing well that much easier (not that it will be easy)

I did a BSc Hon in Genetics and nearing completion of a PhD in Physiology/Neuroscience. Prospective law applicant for Fall 2020.

BA, double major in philosophy and political science

BA, Double major Bioethics and Health Studies, minor in Gender Studies. Unsurprisingly, I am pursuing the health law route, hoping to one day work in women's health policy or at a women's health-oriented health care facility :)

Edited by Laracroft
Forgot to include BA
  • Haha 1

BA History, minor in philosophy

Law school was my ONLY plan, so I took what I was interested in. It was the only way I could guarantee I would do well and stay engaged (not a fan of the whole schooool thing, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get the life you want)

• Like 1

BA geography minor history. I too just did a degree in whatever I was interested in as I knew I wanted to go to law school. 

Edited by AJD19