Sign in to follow this  
Harper916

1L Book List

Does anybody know when we can expect our booklist? I’m self-employed so I would like to know how much money I need to make this week in order to pay for them 😅

From what I've heard from upper years, a lot of the first year books are available as PDFs. Might want to take this into account. 

On 8/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, Harper916 said:

Heck yes, any dime I can save I’m going to save it 

Also, check out that upper year's post on the students' page. Seems like you can save a ton if you buy them all used. He said he got them all for $130 after the bookstore quoted him $900 

the first thing is to make friends during o-week and the first few weeks of class, so you're in the loop when people start passing around PDFs!

and if you want/need to get physical copies, the student government folks will compile a google sheet where upper years will list their used books for sale and you can reach out to the sellers directly. whatever you do just dont rush into the bookstore. and before you pay for anything at the bookstore, ask them if the item is eligible for return should you find out you dont need it after all.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, cherrytree said:

the first thing is to make friends during o-week and the first few weeks of class, so you're in the loop when people start passing around PDFs!

and if you want/need to get physical copies, the student government folks will compile a google sheet where upper years will list their used books for sale and you can reach out to the sellers directly. whatever you do just dont rush into the bookstore. and before you pay for anything at the bookstore, ask them if the item is eligible for return should you find out you dont need it after all.

Looking at some of the syllabi my profs have posted, there are readings for the first actual day of classes. If we won't have books by then are we screwed?

7 minutes ago, Notnotadog said:

Looking at some of the syllabi my profs have posted, there are readings for the first actual day of classes. If we won't have books by then are we screwed?

Screwed as in behind for a few days? I guess... You'll be fine! Enjoy the first bit of 1L.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Notnotadog said:

the "first few classes of 1L" assigned readings are usually not super long, you should be able to catch up quickly during the week!