CapricornAKG

Taking the LSAT on October 28th will this affect my chances of getting into MCGILL Law

So I messed up and missed the registration for the September test so it looks like I'll have to take it October 28th. The problem with this is that applications for Law schools in Canada such as U O T and Mcgill have an application deadline of November 1st and I fear that October 28th is too late to take the test as the scores will be released later than the November 1st deadline and this will affect my chances of early application of getting into either one of them. I'm really worried right now, and are my fears justified?

Posted (edited)

But won't October hurt my chances at an early application as it is on the 28th which is basically November and the test scores will come out before the November 1st deadline. They even said that:

"

Candidates should write the LSAT at the latest by November of the year prior to the year for which they seek admission. Candidates who register for the November LSAT should be aware that consideration of their file will be delayed until receipt of the score.

Applications from candidates who register for the January LSAT will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee only when all required elements, including the January LSAT score, are received. Candidates who register for the January LSAT risk that, by the time the Committee reviews their application, there will no longer be a place to offer even if the Committee wishes to admit.

If you write the LSAT in November or January following the application deadline, the status of your application in Minerva will appear as “Items outstanding” until such time as the Admissions Office receives your LSAT results from LSAC. Please see the ‘Verify the status of your application on Minerva’ section of the Admission Process page for more information."

Edited by CapricornAKG

5 hours ago, CapricornAKG said:

But won't October hurt my chances at an early application as it is on the 28th which is basically November and the test scores will come out before the November 1st deadline. They even said that:

"

Candidates should write the LSAT at the latest by November of the year prior to the year for which they seek admission. Candidates who register for the November LSAT should be aware that consideration of their file will be delayed until receipt of the score.

Applications from candidates who register for the January LSAT will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee only when all required elements, including the January LSAT score, are received. Candidates who register for the January LSAT risk that, by the time the Committee reviews their application, there will no longer be a place to offer even if the Committee wishes to admit.

If you write the LSAT in November or January following the application deadline, the status of your application in Minerva will appear as “Items outstanding” until such time as the Admissions Office receives your LSAT results from LSAC. Please see the ‘Verify the status of your application on Minerva’ section of the Admission Process page for more information."

I don't see the point to chew on this issue. So you missed the Sept test and is now beyond your control. By the time the results for Oct 28 test comes out, someone may have received an offer from U of T.

• Like 2

Agree with Luckycharm, there's really nothing else you can do. There's also no such thing as an 'early application' at McGill, and getting your application in before November does not mean you'll have an answer sooner. All applications are reviewed at McGill's own pace. Just relax and do your best on the LSAT in October.