Isabellas

Taking too long (Dual JD)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Isabellas said:

last time I called they said to call Judy Burke, apparently she deals with the admissions for the Dual JD program. 519-253-3000 extension: 4230. I called and left a voicemail but no response. Hopefully you can get through!

Yeah! I called regular JD admissions who told me to call them back if Judy didn't answer, which she didn't... they said they physically went to the dual JD office to see what was up and found no one & that I'd get a call back (not counting on it).  

Do you guys think calling/ contacting Stephanie @ UDM would be more helpful, like CatLady mentioned? I'm not sure what her contact information is though. 

Edited by monnnnz
  • Like 1

Yeah that’s who I called and no response. ☹️. Guys who’s the contact from Detroit mercy we can get in touch with

28 minutes ago, monnnnz said:

Yeah! I called regular JD admissions who told me to call them back if Judy didn't answer, which she didn't... they said they physically went to the dual JD office to see what was up and found no one & that I'd get a call back (not counting on it).  

Do you guys think calling/ contacting Stephanie @ UDM would be more helpful, like CatLady mentioned? I'm not sure what her contact information is though. 

Yeah this Judy lady is impossible to get through to. So I think we should now try the Detroit mercy contact 

1 hour ago, monnnnz said:

Stephanie  Winbigler- (313) 596-9841- Doesn't hurt to try!

I called Stephanie and basically she just confirmed that I’m on the waitlist still and that we can expect to hear back until august

2 minutes ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

I called Stephanie and basically she just confirmed that I’m on the waitlist still and that we can expect to hear back until august

oh so you have been on the waitlist? My status says incomplete. 

1 hour ago, Isabellas said:

oh so you have been on the waitlist? My status says incomplete. 

Did you call and ask for your status

6 minutes ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

Did you call and ask for your status

So I just called Stephanie and she said I was put on the waitlist on June 28! I had no idea! My status still says incomplete. 

Just now, Isabellas said:

So I just called Stephanie and she said I was put on the waitlist on June 28! I had no idea! My status still says incomplete. 

WOW.......... I'm gonna call her too then (i'm on waitlist though, since March 22)

I'm just popping in to provide some information and resources. If you would like to contact the general office, call Tel: 519.253.3000 Ext. 2989 - they're extremely responsive. If you want specific Dual JD information, I would highly recommend speaking to Christina Loebach, she is our Dual JD program director. Christina's email is "[email protected]", she is also generally very responsive. It's important to be proactive and follow up regarding the status of your application, just be courteous and patient, it won't hurt your application. 

If you have questions about the program, feel free to toss me a message.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, monnnnz said:

Wow this is insane, so disorganized! Like how is this happening. 

What do you mean " gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back"? When should we expect to hear back LOL

I infer that if people reject their offer then they will likely draw from the waitlist or respond to people whose apps aren’t reviewed. That’s what I meant :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJD2020 said:

I'm just popping in to provide some information and resources. If you would like to contact the general office, call Tel: 519.253.3000 Ext. 2989 - they're extremely responsive. If you want specific Dual JD information, I would highly recommend speaking to Christina Loebach, she is our Dual JD program director. Christina's email is "[email protected]", she is also generally very responsive. It's important to be proactive and follow up regarding the status of your application, just be courteous and patient, it won't hurt your application. 

If you have questions about the program, feel free to toss me a message.

Yes! I agree. I’m actually so amazed by how lovely and supportive the staff are there. I think we are in great hands! 

20 hours ago, monnnnz said:

WOW.......... I'm gonna call her too then (i'm on waitlist though, since March 22)

Looking at previous posts, it seems like the waitlists are ranked from priority, high and low. I wonder if that is still a thing?

For those of us still waiting, spoke to Judy today and she said we will find out if we got accepted or not by August 9th!

I was also told we'd be informed by the first week of August. Anyone have any insight on how many seats are left in the Dual?