Jump to content
Isabellas

Taking too long (Dual JD)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Isabellas said:

last time I called they said to call Judy Burke, apparently she deals with the admissions for the Dual JD program. 519-253-3000 extension: 4230. I called and left a voicemail but no response. Hopefully you can get through!

Yeah! I called regular JD admissions who told me to call them back if Judy didn't answer, which she didn't... they said they physically went to the dual JD office to see what was up and found no one & that I'd get a call back (not counting on it).  

Do you guys think calling/ contacting Stephanie @ UDM would be more helpful, like CatLady mentioned? I'm not sure what her contact information is though. 

 

Edited by monnnnz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that’s who I called and no response. ☹️. Guys who’s the contact from Detroit mercy we can get in touch with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, monnnnz said:

Yeah! I called regular JD admissions who told me to call them back if Judy didn't answer, which she didn't... they said they physically went to the dual JD office to see what was up and found no one & that I'd get a call back (not counting on it).  

Do you guys think calling/ contacting Stephanie @ UDM would be more helpful, like CatLady mentioned? I'm not sure what her contact information is though. 

 

Yeah this Judy lady is impossible to get through to. So I think we should now try the Detroit mercy contact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monnnnz said:

Yeah! I called regular JD admissions who told me to call them back if Judy didn't answer, which she didn't... they said they physically went to the dual JD office to see what was up and found no one & that I'd get a call back (not counting on it).  

Do you guys think calling/ contacting Stephanie @ UDM would be more helpful, like CatLady mentioned? I'm not sure what her contact information is though. 

 

Stephanie  Winbigler- (313) 596-9841- Doesn't hurt to try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called Stephanie and basically she just confirmed that I’m on the waitlist still and that we can expect to hear back until august

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

I called Stephanie and basically she just confirmed that I’m on the waitlist still and that we can expect to hear back until august

oh so you have been on the waitlist? My status says incomplete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isabellas said:

oh so you have been on the waitlist? My status says incomplete. 

Did you call and ask for your status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

Did you call and ask for your status

So I just called Stephanie and she said I was put on the waitlist on June 28! I had no idea! My status still says incomplete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Isabellas said:

So I just called Stephanie and she said I was put on the waitlist on June 28! I had no idea! My status still says incomplete. 

WOW.......... I'm gonna call her too then (i'm on waitlist though, since March 22)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just popping in to provide some information and resources. If you would like to contact the general office, call Tel: 519.253.3000 Ext. 2989 - they're extremely responsive. If you want specific Dual JD information, I would highly recommend speaking to Christina Loebach, she is our Dual JD program director. Christina's email is "[email protected]", she is also generally very responsive. It's important to be proactive and follow up regarding the status of your application, just be courteous and patient, it won't hurt your application. 

If you have questions about the program, feel free to toss me a message.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, monnnnz said:

Wow this is insane, so disorganized! Like how is this happening. 

What do you mean " gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back"? When should we expect to hear back LOL

 

I infer that if people reject their offer then they will likely draw from the waitlist or respond to people whose apps aren’t reviewed. That’s what I meant :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJD2020 said:

I'm just popping in to provide some information and resources. If you would like to contact the general office, call Tel: 519.253.3000 Ext. 2989 - they're extremely responsive. If you want specific Dual JD information, I would highly recommend speaking to Christina Loebach, she is our Dual JD program director. Christina's email is "[email protected]", she is also generally very responsive. It's important to be proactive and follow up regarding the status of your application, just be courteous and patient, it won't hurt your application. 

If you have questions about the program, feel free to toss me a message.

Yes! I agree. I’m actually so amazed by how lovely and supportive the staff are there. I think we are in great hands! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, monnnnz said:

WOW.......... I'm gonna call her too then (i'm on waitlist though, since March 22)

Looking at previous posts, it seems like the waitlists are ranked from priority, high and low. I wonder if that is still a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us still waiting, spoke to Judy today and she said we will find out if we got accepted or not by August 9th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also told we'd be informed by the first week of August. Anyone have any insight on how many seats are left in the Dual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • No. It's generally not a good idea to waste valuable real estate on your cover letter explaining poor grades.  First, you may draw their attention to that fact that they may not have noticed. Second, it's undergrad... law school grades take precedence over undergrad. If you did well so far in law school, don't worry about your undergrad grades. Third, there's really no good explanation for bad grades apart from some serious external factor, and very few people can make that claim in a credible way. But again, I wouldn't bother talking about it. Talk about why you would make a good fit for the firm; don't try to explain away why they should overlook bad grades. Some recruiters may (very rarely) suggest a supplemental letter to explain away why you performed poorly academically, but not many do. Visit your counselor for specific advice.
    • I can try and ease some anxieties. I’m 20 and a 1L. The ages range so much and nobody really pays attention or cares. If you have other questions you are welcome to PM me and I can try and help. In my 1.5 months in law school though your age (above or below) the median will not help or hurt you. 
    • What do you mean by two waves? Was this over two days or just same day but some received it a bit earlier than others?  I wonder if other firms do it in waves too. 
    • The advantage is that if you don’t get in through the IC category you still get a chance at the index category. Also, for IC they don’t put any weight to your GPA or LSAT score — they consider your application as a whole. 
    • Hey all,   I'm a 1L, starting to think about recruits and stressed about the amount of firms that ask for your undergrad transcripts. I didn't perform well in my first 2 years of undergrad and am scared it will reflect poorly on me for recruits. Do firms place a lot of emphasis on undergrad grades? Should I address the low marks of my first 2 years in my cover letter? Thanks in advance for the help 
×
×
  • Create New...