Isabellas

Taking too long (Dual JD)

Getting super impatient, still waiting for a reply. Has anyone gotten any updates with regards to acceptance dates?

• Like 1

Have you tried calling them? You might be accepted but haven’t had a status change / received an offer yet. See whats up with them 

17 minutes ago, lindsn said:

Have you tried calling them? You might be accepted but haven’t had a status change / received an offer yet. See whats up with them 

Do you think calling would actually provide faster answers? The waitlist email says specifically not to call to ask for status updates :( 

& is it the same phone number as regular single JD admissions?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, lindsn said:

Yes I have called them regarding my status which says "Incomplete." They said that its a network error because on their end it says "Referred to Admissions" and that they don't know how long it will take to get an answer.

Edited by Isabellas

7 minutes ago, Isabellas said:

Yes I have called them regarding my status which says "Incomplete." They said that its a network error because on their end it says "Referred to Admissions" and that they don't know how long it will take to get an answer.

Important update for all. Apparently I was offered admission on July 1st but it only showed up online last night and I almost missed my deadline which is July 13th. If you haven’t heard call the school. Seriously now I’m scrambling to get everything in order! 

I just called and no one was in the dual office, I had them transfer me and then physically go to look if they could find someone. She said she'd call me back with more information when she could

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monnnnz said:

I just called and no one was in the dual office, I had them transfer me and then physically go to look if they could find someone. She said she'd call me back with more information when she could

Let me know once you get an update!

Just now, Isabellas said:

Let me know once you get an update!

for sure! hopefully it's soon

13 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Important update for all. Apparently I was offered admission on July 1st but it only showed up online last night and I almost missed my deadline which is July 13th. If you haven’t heard call the school. Seriously now I’m scrambling to get everything in order! 

This is apparently happening with single jd as well 

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Were you on the waitlist? Were you checking your status?

16 minutes ago, JT3489 said:

Were you on the waitlist? Were you checking your status?

Never on the waitlist. Checked everyday. 

47 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Never on the waitlist. Checked everyday. 

Hello. Is your offer appearing on OLSAS to accept? 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, rt1234 said:

Hello. Is your offer appearing on OLSAS to accept? 

It only appeared yesterday. I checked everyday it def was not there July 1st onward. My letter is still not generating online on my Windsor portal. 

Contact Stephanie from Detroit mercy, she reached out to me reminding me I had 48 hours to make a decision. She’s so sweet and helpful! She sent me my letter and all the info I needed about getting my I-20 etc. The states will actually give you all the info not really Windsor. 

It’s really weird that this happened.. but because my deadline is July 12 (on my offer letter) and 13 on OLSAS. That gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back. 

I know what it’s like to be in your position so I’m here to support all of you to the best of my capabilities. We’re all in this together. 

Edited by CatLady
  • Like 2

For those who haven’t already, try checking your Junk mail! I found my offer letter in my Junk mail, thankfully had only been there one day. But the offer didn’t show up on Uwin or OUAC for a couple days.

8 hours ago, CatLady said:

It’s really weird that this happened.. but because my deadline is July 12 (on my offer letter) and 13 on OLSAS. That gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back. 

Wow this is insane, so disorganized! Like how is this happening. 

What do you mean " gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back"? When should we expect to hear back LOL

28 minutes ago, summerps said:

For those who haven’t already, try checking your Junk mail! I found my offer letter in my Junk mail, thankfully had only been there one day. But the offer didn’t show up on Uwin or OUAC for a couple days.

What was your status before you got accepted? 

8 minutes ago, Isabellas said:

What was your status before you got accepted? 

The last time I checked, which was at least four or five days prior, it was still stuck in the glitch of "Incomplete" 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, monnnnz said:

Wow this is insane, so disorganized! Like how is this happening. 

What do you mean " gives the rest of you an idea of when you can expect to hear back"? When should we expect to hear back LOL

If other applicants received offers with the same July 13 deadline, admissions should send out another wave of offers once they receive acceptances or declines. Therefore, we have an idea of when we'll hear back (i.e. next week).

I don't know how I have any optimism left this far into the cycle....

Edited by JT3489
reworded
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

Does anyone have any contact info on who to call and the number please. I’m just so tired of waiting

last time I called they said to call Judy Burke, apparently she deals with the admissions for the Dual JD program. 519-253-3000 extension: 4230. I called and left a voicemail but no response. Hopefully you can get through!