seekingjob

2020-2021 Articling Recruit Toronto

What is a recommended and realistic maximum number of interviews one of us should take on? If someone is lucky enough to have 6 ITCs and are expecting 2-3 more calls tomorrow in addition, is that too many interviews for scheduling purposes? Open to all thoughts!

3 minutes ago, lawstudent345 said:

What is a recommended and realistic maximum number of interviews one of us should take on? If someone is lucky enough to have 6 ITCs and are expecting 2-3 more calls tomorrow in addition, is that too many interviews for scheduling purposes? Open to all thoughts!

Are you interviewing at places that typically conduct second or even third interviews? I've scheduled in 7 interviews slots, saved 2 slots for second interviews, and 2-3 slots for potential wildcards tomorrow. From what I've heard from friends who've gone through the process, these interviews don't take very long. 

Edited by angel133

5 minutes ago, angel133 said:

Are you interviewing at places that typically conduct second or even third interviews? I've scheduled in 7 interviews slots, saved 2 slots for second interviews, and 2-3 slots for potential wildcards tomorrow. From what I've heard from friends who've gone through the process, these interviews don't take very long. 

Does government typically conduct second or third round? I dont know where to find that information. 

In your scheduling of the 7 interviews, does that span onto Tuesday as well? How long are you allowing for each interview (including travel time)?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, lawstudent345 said:

Does government typically conduct second or third round? I dont know where to find that information. 

In your scheduling of the 7 interviews, does that span onto Tuesday as well? How long are you allowing for each interview (including travel time)?

Thanks!

Yeah, it spans into Tuesday. I'm allotting 1.5 hours each. I've been told by friends who've gone through the process that these interviews typically aren't very long and often end after an hour max.

4 minutes ago, lawstudent345 said:

Thanks!

Based on OCIs most gov offices do not conduct second/third round interviews

Himelfarb Proszanski ITC @ ~5 mins before 5pm.  For future thread readers, there's hope until the very end! lol

Edited by angel133
  • Like 1

Does anyone know around when firms start calling, especially regarding calls without no prior ITC?

I didn't get any ITCs but only a handful of PFOs and I applied broadly, so I'm hopeful. Just trying to get an idea of around what times I can expect a call. Is there a general time around which calls stop going out?

For those in the same boat, stay positive!

For those with ITCs, congrats!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Canadiens117 said:

Does anyone know around when firms start calling, especially regarding calls without no prior ITC?

I didn't get any ITCs but only a handful of PFOs and I applied broadly, so I'm hopeful. Just trying to get an idea of around what times I can expect a call. Is there a general time around which calls stop going out?

For those in the same boat, stay positive!

For those with ITCs, congrats!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

I'm wondering the same thing. Can I sleep in if I haven't received any ITCs? I'd rather be sad than sad and tired...

1 minute ago, awesd said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Can I sleep in if I haven't received any ITCs? I'd rather be sad than sad and tired...

If by some luck a firm calls you without an ITC because there was a slot opening, and you're not there, i doubt they'll wait for you before going down their list. 

32 minutes ago, awesd said:

A friend of mine didn’t have any ITCs last year and ended up getting three calls! I would definitely get up 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, awesd said:

No.

whats the protocol for missed calls? if one place calls while i am on the phone with another, is it expected that I call them back or do they call me back?