LSAT150

LSAT 150 3 times and Canadian law school

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone

I have LSAT 150 (I scored 150 three times) and I have no idea if I can get into a Canadian law school.  I am applying to all the Canadian law schools with medical documentation.  I got 150 after studying with Kaplan course but unfortunately I still got 150 so I don't think that my LSAT has much room for improvement

Also I am an actress so I was wondering if law school will take my entertainment industry experience into consideration.  I am also a first generation university graduate.  Thank you.  

Thank you.  

•  
Edited by LSAT150

Posted (edited)

Check out the lsat page on reddit for tips and advice, lots of information there. From what i have read ALOT of people on that site have negative reviews about kaplan, and suggest using alternative books such as powerscore for LG/LR, and manhattan prep for RC. YMMV, personally i never used kaplan or manhattan prep so idk how they are, but the powerscore books and nathan fox's lr encyclopedia helped me out a ton.

Edited by TimhortonsCup

Posted (edited)

Hi thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately I don't have money or time for more LSAT prep courses.  I was wondering if I were to apply to Canadian law schools using the stats above under mature or access category, will I stand a chance in getting into any Canadian law school?  I cannot go outside of Canada for law school. Thank you

Edited by LSAT150

3 hours ago, LSAT150 said:

Hi thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately I don't have money or time for more LSAT prep courses.  I was wondering if I were to apply to Canadian law schools using the stats above under mature or access category, will I stand a chance in getting into any Canadian law school?  I cannot go outside of Canada for law school. Thank you

Did you post your GPA, B2 and L2. 

Mature Category? how long did you work after graduation and how old?

Access ? What is your basis?

Thank you for reply.  I have a graduate degree and my undergraduate is 3.49 out of 4.0.  I am 30 years old.  I worked for 6 years after graduation though not always full time due to the fact that I got cancer.  However, I still kept part time job while in cancer treatment.  I feel discouraged at my LSAT 150 three times though I couldn't change it .  Also my chemo brain affected my performance though there is nothing I can do about it.  

I really hope to get into a Canadian law school.  With medical documentation, am I going to make it into Canadian law school with the stats above?

Thank you

Hi

First, congratulations on beating cancer! That is amazing and very inspiring!

I am so sorry that it impacted your performance on the LSAT :( 

Did it influence your decision to pursue law? Maybe, in your PS, you should mention how difficult it was to fight (I assume it was) and how it shaped your life. I cannot even imagine going through something like that. I feel that, because you have a valid reason, they would be more lenient with your score. 

What sections are you having difficulties with? If it is one specific area, maybe you can practice that area if you intend to rewrite (for example, logical games).

I think you should just give it your best shot if you do not intend to write again. If you do, try to target your weak areas. Make sure you have a really good PS, and I think you will have a good shot! Make sure you do not limit yourself to one school.

I really wish you the best of luck with your application! :)

Thank you very much.  Do you know anybody who got into Canadian law schools with similar stats as me, namely LSAT 150?  My best two years is 3.9 though cumulative is 3.49 out of 4.0.

Thank you 

I know a few people who have gotten in with a lower GPA (3.0-3.3) but a higher LSAT (155-158). It is hard to compare, because they had a lot of ECs, but they also did not have substantial medical issues.

You can submit a letter of "extenuating circumstances" when applying to explain why your grades were below what you could have otherwise obtained. 

16 minutes ago, Lawstudentdreamz said:

I know a few people who have gotten in with a lower GPA (3.0-3.3) but a higher LSAT (155-158). It is hard to compare, because they had a lot of ECs, but they also did not have substantial medical issues.

You can submit a letter of "extenuating circumstances" when applying to explain why your grades were below what you could have otherwise obtained. 

apply under access category

Hi,

You can do it if you really want to. No need for class. Very quick approach:

*Note: Do not move to next step until previous one mastered*

*Note: This isn't measuring anything about you as a person; just play and enjoy getting better*

Step 1) Learn the rules of the game.

You wouldn't walk onto a soccer field not knowing wtf is going on. Same with this test. Recommended guide = Powerscore bibles.

Side note: there are 3 games going on really, RC LG and LR. Apply these steps to each alone first. Only then, apply it to a whole entire test (yeah it takes time).

Step 2) Practice slow. (aka, forget about time)

Okay great, now you know how soccer works. Time to actually kick a ball. Reading about soccer won't make you good at it, you'll just know what's going on. Want to play like Ronaldo right away? Sorry, that's almost impossible. It's gonna take a long time (6 months to a year minimum).

Recommendations = Blind Review (google 7Sage, free advice and free games videos)

Do not move to next stage until you're getting at least 85 - 90 % of the points untimed.

Step 3) Practice fast (aka, timed)

Alright so your kick got pretty good, you can handle a ball. This is impressive. Now you add the time pressure. Here, you're mostly training your psychology. People lose their shit under stress. So you practice not to. How? Do it a lot.

Continue reviewing answers like before.

Side note = Sometimes, you gotta let go and move on. Sticking to one question for 5 minutes = missing 3 others automatically.

Side note = Sometimes, you just gotta rule out the worse answers, and circle the last one standing

Other tips:

I suggest focusing on Canada. You can go to the UK too but it seems hectic.

Helps to remember there's more to life than LSAT + Law. Just have fun, no need to take it too seriously (some people do but idc lol).

Good luck!