Sign in to follow this  
erinl2

Only one account, people!

We have had several instances recently of people setting up a second account. This isn't allowed here. If you have a specific question you want asked and you want to maintain your anonymity, then the right thing to do is to contact a mod and inquire if it's possible. 

Please familiarize yourselves with the posting rules.

This one, in particular.

ONE ACCOUNT PER USER. You get one active account. Don't post under multiple usernames. Think long and hard about your username, because we probably won't change it unless you have a very good reason. Also, don't use your real name as a user name (see rule 2 below), and please try to be more creative than "somethinglawyer123" (if you aren't a lawyer, your username shouldn't make people think you are) or a variation of Lionel Hutz, Mike Ross, or another famous TV lawyer. We have lots of those already.

Unless you want to be identified in the discussion where you've used a new username, please don't do this. It creates so much unnecessary work for the mod team. 

• Like 3

To follow up on this, the most important advice we can provide is that if you are asking something that is so sensitive it requires absolute anonymity, with very few examples, it's probably worth rethinking what you are asking in a small and career orientated community like this.

Inevitably, even when we let people set up a second account to ask something they don't want tied to their main account, 6 months later they are back to us asking for the entire account to be deleted because a nephew's cousin's sister's boyfriend works for the former person they were talking about or asking about etc etc and they are worried about being doxxed. 

You are responsible for what you post to the internet and shouldn't assume you can later remove it. We do not ask for, and highly advise against, posting anything personally identifying. 

As erinl2 noted, going forward we are going to be much less accommodating of people ignoring this forum policy and will simply merge any second account with the original. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Bumping this yet again as we have had multiple members setting up a second account recently. Only one account is allowed here. If you have a particular problem, get in touch with a mod. However, it is unlikely that anything other than merging accounts will occur going forward and you will be called out in the thread on the forum. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. You cannot participate here as an applicant and then want to separate yourself from anything you posted earlier once you are accepted into law school. You cannot participate here as a law student and then want to separate yourself from anything you posted earlier once you are going into OCI recruitment. And so on and so on. 

• Like 1