JDApplicant27

Question about Orientation? (Dual JD)

On the acceptance letter, it says that there is a mandatory Orientation session and a course to take in mid-August. It says that the Detroit Mercy orientation will be on the "week of August 19" and the Windsor one will be the "week of August 26". Does this mean that the orientation and course will take the entire week? Or is orientation just for one day? How long does it also take to complete the course? 

I'm asking just so I know when exactly to give my 2 weeks in for work. 

5 minutes ago, JDApplicant27 said:

On the acceptance letter, it says that there is a mandatory Orientation session and a course to take in mid-August. It says that the Detroit Mercy orientation will be on the "week of August 19" and the Windsor one will be the "week of August 26". Does this mean that the orientation and course will take the entire week? Or is orientation just for one day? How long does it also take to complete the course? 

I'm asking just so I know when exactly to give my 2 weeks in for work. 

Congrats on your acceptance. Orientation for the single is from the 26th to the 29th. I would assume that the dual will also be four days (if not more). For the course, I can’t offer any help. Maybe look on the letter to find exact dates. 

Plan your move and then give your two weeks accordingly. If you think you will need a few days to move and adjust, have your two weeks align with that. If you need more, do the same thing. 

13 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

Congrats on your acceptance. Orientation for the single is from the 26th to the 29th. I would assume that the dual will also be four days (if not more). For the course, I can’t offer any help. Maybe look on the letter to find exact dates. 

Plan your move and then give your two weeks accordingly. If you think you will need a few days to move and adjust, have your two weeks align with that. If you need more, do the same thing. 

Thank you so much for answering! Would you know typically what goes on during Orientation, and how long it is per day? 

Unfortunately on the letter it doesn't describe the course anymore than the fact that it is mandatory to take prior to classes starting. 

7 minutes ago, JDApplicant27 said:

Thank you so much for answering! Would you know typically what goes on during Orientation, and how long it is per day? 

Unfortunately on the letter it doesn't describe the course anymore than the fact that it is mandatory to take prior to classes starting. 

I do not! From the little I’ve gathered on here and from questions to current law students, it seems like it’s pretty cool. 

All I know for sure is we will get our official acceptance package in August and that will explain everything in detail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDApplicant27 said:

From what I remember orientation for the Single JD last year ran each day from 9-5. It's a fairly boring week, but it is mandatory. It's mostly speakers talking about various courses, expectations, experiential learning opportunities, etc 

Not sure about the dual!

• Like 1

Hey! I’m in the Dual and so the break down is this 

pick up your student visa depending on your last name on either Aug 13 or 14 and then on the 15th we all have a mandatory border crossing/immersion course to do. Not sure what it entails yet. 

Dual orientation is from the 19th to either 21 or 22nd 

and the single orientation is 26 to 29 I believe 

Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, natisa said:

Hey! I’m in the Dual and so the break down is this 

pick up your student visa depending on your last name on either Aug 13 or 14 and then on the 15th we all have a mandatory border crossing/immersion course to do. Not sure what it entails yet. 

Dual orientation is from the 19th to either 21 or 22nd 

and the single orientation is 26 to 29 I believe 

Hope that helps! 

Don’t the dual student have to participate in the single one too? 

16 hours ago, CatLady said:

Don’t the dual student have to participate in the single one too? 

Yup, the week after the dual orientation