kaleisthenewspinach

UVIC Chances - GPA 3.9/4.33 & LSAT 160

I just got back my JUNE LSAT score and received a 160 with a 79 percentile rank. I was kind of disappointed as I was aiming for a 162 and had been PTing around 164 consistently for the month before but got wrong quite a few questions on the reading comprehension section (-10, yikes). I am really trying to get into law at the University of Victoria and so far it looks like my LSAT is a little bit too low and that worries me. Would love some other peoples opinions. I am thinking about whether I should retake my LSAT but due to an upcoming undergraduate exchange I will be a little short for time and couldn't do another till the October test. Since I've only done paper tests I also would love any advice about how to adapt my studying for the digital format. 

So, what are the chances of getting into UVIC with a GPA (self-calculated) of 3.9/4.33 and an LSAT of 160 (79 percentile rank) with relatively strong PS?

Does the 3.9 include UVic's drops? If so, your index score is 882.5, which would not have been competitive last year. I was waitlisted with ~879 but ultimately did not get in. I believe auto-admit scores have ranged from 905-920.

31 minutes ago, jplawx said:

Does the 3.9 include UVic's drops? If so, your index score is 882.5, which would not have been competitive last year. I was waitlisted with ~879 but ultimately did not get in. I believe auto-admit scores have ranged from 905-920.

Yes this includes drops. I am really hoping to get into UVIC so I should probably consider taking a fall LSAT with that advice. Thank you!

On 6/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, jplawx said:

@kaleisthenewspinach No jokes I have the exact same index score as you, 882.50, as calculated by the admissions office themselves. I also got in off the waitlist this year and accepted my offer. So unlike what you just read it was competitive this year, however things change on a year-to-year basis. If you're confident in your ECs and you think you can write a good personal statement, both of which matter if your index isn't in auto-admit territory, then you absolutely have a shot. If that's not the case I would tell you to look at a rewrite. UVic takes your best score anyway so there's no harm in trying.

39 minutes ago, NavAcid said:

@kaleisthenewspinach No jokes I have the exact same index score as you, 882.50, as calculated by the admissions office themselves. I also got in off the waitlist this year and accepted my offer. So unlike what you just read it was competitive this year, however things change on a year-to-year basis. If you're confident in your ECs and you think you can write a good personal statement, both of which matter if your index isn't in auto-admit territory, then you absolutely have a shot. If that's not the case I would tell you to look at a rewrite. UVic takes your best score anyway so there's no harm in trying.

Awesome, it is always comforting to hear that others got in with this index score. I think I am going to try and rewrite because you are right there is no harm in trying! Thank you for sharing your experience