2 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Thank you. Anything helps.

I will be off soon! Hope that helps you too. You really deserve to go there. 

9 hours ago, Alchi said:

I hope you defer the spots you did have! Ill be off ottawa waitlist soon so hopefully increases your chance.

You can't defer more than one admission spot, and if you are granted a deferral, that is a commitment to attend the following year. It doesn't allow for applying elsewhere in the next cycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this problem but I keep the Uozone page open on my computer and refresh it every once in a while but now, sometimes it glitches and shows this: 

Admission file

You do not have any applications being processed at the University of Ottawa.

12 minutes ago, penguinh said:

I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this problem but I keep the Uozone page open on my computer and refresh it every once in a while but now, sometimes it glitches and shows this: 

Admission file

You do not have any applications being processed at the University of Ottawa.

Yes, I agree with you that the issue is a just technical glitch as I have faced it several times via the uOzone. 

I hope you hear back good news soon from Ottawa Law!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I was not able to see my regular application status on uoZone for the last 15 minutes, but it has just now reverted to the normal screen. I imagine there may have been some site maintenance going on. 

Edited by AZBrick

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, companyonion said:

stats?

gpa: 3.47 b2: 3.62

Lsat: 160

General applicant.

MA student, decent work experience. Good PS I think? It's  always an inaccurate measure.

Edited by mapledrank

Posted (edited)

Off the waitlist. Since I accepted another offer. It says cancelled as of July 15th hopefully someone else gets my spot. 

Edited by CatLady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Waitlisted today for the English common law program, I'll probably take myself off the waitlist since I firmly accepted at another school a long time ago. 

cGPA: 3.57

L2: 3.61

LSAT: 162

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got waitlisted. Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two?

Says "Waiting List" for Regular JD: We have put your application on the waiting list. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached.

and "Unnumbered Waitinglist" for JD/MBA "You have been placed on the unnumbered waitlist. If you do not wish to remain on the waitlist please inform us by sending an email to"

18 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Just got waitlisted. Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two?

Says "Waiting List" for Regular JD: We have put your application on the waiting list. We will inform you as soon as a decision has been reached.

and "Unnumbered Waitinglist" for JD/MBA "You have been placed on the unnumbered waitlist. If you do not wish to remain on the waitlist please inform us by sending an email to"

What do you mean, 'difference'?

One is for the Regular Single JD program, the other is for the JD/MBA program.

1 minute ago, Kawhestay said:

What do you mean, 'difference'?

One is for the Regular Single JD program, the other is for the JD/MBA program.

He’s obviously referring to the wording for each.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Mine says this for JD (English): 
HideJuris Doctor (JD) (offered in English)

Last update: 2019-06-27
You have been placed on the unnumbered waitlist. If you do not wish to remain on the waitlist please inform us by sending an email to[email protected]
Edited by penguinh
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Hmmm...maybe this is an indicator that a numbered waitlist will be coming out soon. 

Don’t say things like that. I can only have my hopes risen and crushed so many times. 

• Like 2

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but I had emailed them a few days ago to ask if it would be numbered at some point and was told this:

We decided not to rank our waitlist this year. Once a seat becomes available, we'll follow our internal process to select the next person to receive admission, but this will not be disclosed to candidates.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, daisy20 said:

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but I had emailed them a few days ago to ask if it would be numbered at some point and was told this:

We decided not to rank our waitlist this year. Once a seat becomes available, we'll follow our internal process to select the next person to receive admission, but this will not be disclosed to candidates.

I've suspected this for some time now. It sounds as though they are interested in creating a well rounded class rather than focusing on merit at this point. Therefore, the likelihood of any one applicant being selected is dependent on the kind of student they are losing from the class and whether or not you'd be a good replacement.

Since it appears that classes are pretty much full across Ontario and most other schools (at least from reading forums on this website), the question is how much movement can we really expect from now until the start of classes? While I'm relatively new to this process, it seems like this year was a doozy of an application cycle and is in general difficult to compare to previous cycles. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, daisy20 said:

i was told the same thing when i was put on the unnumbered waitlist a few weeks ago. they said it was due to "unrealistic expectations" set by publishing ranks in past years

• Haha 1