Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, randysandro said:

I got waitlisted too. CGPA 3.43 LSAT 157.

Does anybody know what are the chances if you are on the waitlist?

Hard to say without numbered ranks. First 70 have always got in in previous years- sometimes up to 100+.  Did you just get waitlisted today? 

Edited by penguinh

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Hard to say without numbered ranks. First 70 have always got in in previous years- sometimes up to 100+.  Did you just get waitlisted today? 

No, I got waitlisted once everyone got waitlisted.

Edited by randysandro

4 hours ago, randysandro said:

I got waitlisted too. CGPA 3.43 LSAT 157.

Does anybody know what are the chances if you are on the waitlist?

How did you find out? 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, capitalttruth said:

I just called admissions and they said the waitlist "may" be numbered later, and that if it is numbered, that I shouldn't expect to hear anything in July.

Damnit. Why must they be so incompetent this year? They should have done this months ago. Now it looks like I'll have to go to Windsor.

Unless I hear different information, this cycle is effectively over. I'll wait until July 3rd, but I assume I won't be hearing anything. 

I feel awful.

Did you hear anything? I also got an offer from other law school. But Ottawa is my first choice.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, Needmoreluck said:

Did you hear anything? I also got an offer from other law school. But Ottawa is my first choice.

Is the offer from a law school outside Ontario?

On 7/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, jackiieelove said:

Hey, so what hope should we be holding out for the waitlist?

None because they're not ranking it this year so we have nothing to base our chances on. 

Waitlisted today (received email to check uozone), cGPA 3.3, LSAT 168

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, gammarays said:

I'm surprised you were waitlisted so late with a 168 I guess it's true that Ottawa really prioritizes cGPA.. 
Are you access or general?

Edited by penguinh

1 hour ago, penguinh said:

I'm surprised you were waitlisted so late with a 168 I guess it's true that Ottawa really prioritizes cGPA.. 

Ottawa put more emphasis on  GPA

1 minute ago, Luckycharm said:

Ottawa put more emphasis on  GPA

Do you know if the emphasis is on cGPA or L2? 

1 minute ago, penguinh said:

Do you know if the emphasis is on cGPA or L2? 

Cgpa

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, penguinh said:

General 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, gammarays said:

update: accepted today and will be declining the spot

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't understand. I have the exact same stats if not higher than several people who've been recently accepted and I am still on the waitlist. It's so discouraging.

Currently taking summer courses to raise my GPA, will be taking more in Fall and more in Winter of next year. The amount of work I've done to make myself more competitive has been backbreaking. I'm emotionally exhausted from it all.

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I don't understand. I have the exact same stats if not higher than several people who've been recently accepted and I am still on the waitlist. It's so discouraging.

Currently taking summer courses to raise my GPA, will be taking more in Fall and more in Winter of next year. The amount of work I've done to make myself more competitive has been backbreaking. I'm emotionally exhausted from it all.

Why don’t you consider accepting one of the two schools you were accepted to and then transferring to Ottawa. At least that way you have one year under your belt and won’t have to do another cycle!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

Why don’t you consider accepting one of the two schools you were accepted to and then transferring to Ottawa. At least that way you have one year under your belt and won’t have to do another cycle!

Oh I definitely considered that. I made an extremely tough decision, after hours of deliberating with myself and my family, if that would be the best decision for me given my health. Unfortunately, I didn't believe those schools were in environments that would allow me to feel comfortable enough to do well in school. So, unfortunately, my only other option is to do another cycle (if these waitlists don't pan out).

I'm still feeling a bit of regret from my decision but I knew it was the right one. It means potentially doing another cycle, but I know my decision will benefit me in the future. Just sucks still being in the limbo of the cycle.

Edited by capitalttruth

26 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Oh I definitely considered that. I made an extremely tough decision, after hours of deliberating with myself and my family, if that would be the best decision for me given my health. Unfortunately, I didn't believe those schools were in environments that would allow me to feel comfortable enough to do well in school. So, unfortunately, my only other option is to do another cycle (if these waitlists don't pan out).

I'm still feeling a bit of regret from my decision but I knew it was the right one. It means potentially doing another cycle, but I know my decision will benefit me in the future. Just sucks still being in the limbo of the cycle.

I hope you defer the spots you did have! Ill be off ottawa waitlist soon so hopefully increases your chance.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Alchi said:

I hope you defer the spots you did have! Ill be off ottawa waitlist soon so hopefully increases your chance.

Thank you. Anything helps.

Edited by capitalttruth