Sign in to follow this  
lawgal9098765

Waitlist 2019

hi, i just got waitlisted this morning. on uwinsite it said that the class is currently full so i guess they’re waiting on the people with pending offers to decline before rolling out offers.

2 hours ago, jheeze69 said:

hi, i just got waitlisted this morning. on uwinsite it said that the class is currently full so i guess they’re waiting on the people with pending offers to decline before rolling out offers.

Not true, I suspect that its just a general statement. People who were waitlisted in February had the same exact wording as us, “class is full.” I don’t think windsor has had their full second wave yet 

4 hours ago, jheeze69 said:

is this for dual or single jd?

I've been waitlisted on the dual JD program since March 28th....anyone else in the same boat? 

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:18 PM, mantis1 said:

I've been waitlisted on the dual JD program since March 28th....anyone else in the same boat? 

I have been waiting since March 18th :(

Waitlisted June 22 11am by email for single JD

LSAT 153

B2 3.4 

Excellent LRs and volunteer. Completely tailored my application to Windsor. This is my first cycle applying and I have been working at law firms for 4 years during my undergrad and now a year out of it. I have been following the thread for some time and can't tell where the waitlist is at or if being waitlisted this late/early - depending on how you look at it - is just a rejection. Excited either way!! Hoping for the best. 

Edited by sarah3

31 minutes ago, marsplastic said:

Would love to know an estimate of the people on the waitlist in total...anyone have any idea?

Dual or single? 

For single I am assuming 100+ 

apparently it is not uncommon for Windsor to inflate their waitlist, giving 60% of the applicants false hope when there is possibly only 10-15 seats left (if someone gives up their seat). These are wild guesses based on studying other  past threads.

I assume this year the movement on the waitlist will move much slower because Ottawa just released their waitlist and, some may not think this, but I believe Ottawa’s waitlist will play a huge part in Windsor. For example, someone just received an acceptance letter from Windsor and they’re still holding out for Ottawa who just waitlisted them. They might try to wait out the chances to see what the rank is like. Since the Ottawa appears to be a bit slower this year, people will have to accept Windsor’s offer before even knowing if they had a potential at Ottawa due to the provisional acceptance aspect... ya... 

I’m preparing for next cycle now lol 

• Like 1

This probably doesn’t help anyone but I called in today just to confirm and the upcoming class is full. The lady told me they close the waitlist in the first 10 days in September meaning waitlist people can possibly receive an acceptance as late as the first 10 days in September :(

1 minute ago, AlN said:

This probably doesn’t help anyone but I called in today just to confirm and the upcoming class is full. The lady told me they close the waitlist in the first 10 days in September meaning waitlist people can possibly receive an acceptance as late as the first 10 days in September :(

Some people gave up their seats yesterday so I’d assume that there would be some seats. Last year around this time, people called the admissions and they were told the same thing. Movement happened at the end of July. 

1 minute ago, LawSchoolFreak said:

Is this for single or dual 

Single 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, lindsn said:

Hey friends any movement 

Not that I’ve seen, unless of course you have a below average lsat and a sub par GPA. 

19 minutes ago, green1999 said:

Not that I’ve seen, unless of course you have a below average lsat and a sub par GPA. 

I have a below average lsat, I’ve yet to hear my acceptance 😂

• Like 1

I’ve been waiting to hear something since March 18th. This is brutal! 

I’m wondering how it’s possible that they are waitlisting an applicant and then accepting them the day after, and the stats are notably lower than everyone else’s I’ve seen waiting on the waitlist? 

• Like 1