Sign in to follow this  
lawgal9098765

Waitlist 2019

Waitlisted today

LSAT 157, GPA 3.7, Masters student

Initially thought this was good but after reading this thread, I'm definitely confused lol.. anyone want to share why this might not be great or why it's good?

3 hours ago, rwilli said:

Waitlisted today

LSAT 157, GPA 3.7, Masters student

Initially thought this was good but after reading this thread, I'm definitely confused lol.. anyone want to share why this might not be great or why it's good?

I don't think it's bad. All of my friends who applied last year who were waitlisted got accepted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:30 PM, AlN said:

I also just got waitlisted. Recieved the email today at 6:40pm. Cgpa 3.29, 154.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on what this means. Is being waitlisted this early a good sign, or is there no indication and way to know if it will lead to a future acceptance. Doesn’t seem like there has been too many acceptances out for Windsor compared to other schools (basing off the acceptance thread)

I don't think there is a clear indication. In my personal experience, all of my friends who were waitlisted during this time got accepted (last year cycle). However, that could change? I'm not really sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyCommander said:

Received the email about 30 minutes ago. Not sure if I should be excited or not.😖

I can't see this being a good thing. I'm not sure why they're waitlisting people before accepting all of their students. I mean, surely they have not received enough acceptances to fill a class already.

47 minutes ago, lawgal9098765 said:

I don't think it's bad. All of my friends who applied last year who were waitlisted got accepted 

This seems strange to me. What's the point of a waitlist if this is what happens?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, thedraper said:

I can't see this being a good thing. I'm not sure why they're waitlisting people before accepting all of their students. I mean, surely they have not received enough acceptances to fill a class already.

This seems strange to me. What's the point of a waitlist if this is what happens?

I know that last year they got really behind on updating applications. Maybe this is just a way to keep the applications moving instead of having them stagnant? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thedraper said:

Windsor is weird. They basically accept every one and then they put a HUGE waitlist on until about Mid April. That’s when they decide to root out the less competitive people and reject them. Last year I was Waitlisted Feb 14, and was rejected sometime in April, and was told that they had too many competitive files. 

Apparently this is a very common Windsor thing. So being waitlisted early has no indication whether or not it is a good sign. Just sit back and cross your fingers and hope someone gives up their seat. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, lawgal9098765 said:

I know that last year they got really behind on updating applications. Maybe this is just a way to keep the applications moving instead of having them stagnant? 

Certainly seems possible.

38 minutes ago, lindsn said:

Windsor is weird. They basically accept every one and then they put a HUGE waitlist on until about Mid April. That’s when they decide to root out the less competitive people and reject them. Last year I was Waitlisted Feb 14, and was rejected sometime in April, and was told that they had too many competitive files. 

ï»ż Apparently this is a very common Windsor thing. So being waitlisted early has no indication whether or not it is a good sign. Just sit back and cross your fingers and hope someone gives up their seat. 

That's a really tedious way to do things. Oh well, it dosent change anything, the waiting continues.

For those waitlisted for regular JD, did your application disappear from the sign in page? Mine only shows the Dual JD as active application.

1 hour ago, natisa said:

For those waitlisted for regular JD, did your application disappear from the sign in page? Mine only shows the Dual JD as active application.

I just received the waitlist email. I then checked my application status on their website, and my application has disappeared. 

25 minutes ago, SallGoodMan said:

I just received the waitlist email. I then checked my application status on their website, and my application has disappeared. 

I'm assuming it'll come back up once it's updated because I got my email a few hours ago as well and when I checked, my application disappeared.

11 hours ago, natisa said:

Yes. It is telling me that I have 'No Active Application.'

Update: if you log on now it should say that your status is waitlisted. When you click the exclamation mark this message pops-up "The program is currently full and your name has been placed on a wait list. You will be notified should space become available."

Let's hope for the best!

7 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

Update: if you log on now it should say that your status is waitlisted. When you click the exclamation mark this message pops-up "The program is currently full and your name has been placed on a wait list. You will be notified should space become available."

Let's hope for the best!

I’d be so surprised if they actually filled up all the seats already without looking at all the applications. Surely it’s not actually full?

Although Windsor considers it's applications through a holistic method, does anyone know how it works on waitlist? If you are waitlisted are you now placed on a list based on purely your stats??

11 minutes ago, Hopeful10101 said:

I’d be so surprised if they actually filled up all the seats already without looking at all the applications. Surely it’s not actually full?

Yeah, strange. I'm still under Pending Review