Can any upper year students tell me if orientation usually includes any events or activities on the weekend? I have an important family event on the Saturday night the first week of school that I will have to travel back home for, but I also really don't want to miss any crucial orientation activities. Thanks in advance!

There will likely be weekend events but many people miss them due to other commitments. I wouldn’t worry about it. None of these events could be considered ‘crucial’ and there is enough going on throughout the week to make up for it.

Usually, the gala takes place on the second weekend. You could always message a 1L rep on Facebook and ask them.

• Like 1

Are any of the orientation events open to family/significant others as well? Not coming from a needy place; I'll be attending most of it on my own of course. However, my partner and I just moved here together and either of us know a soul, so I figured it would be nice if he could join for an event or two. Just asking!

On the chart thing mellifluous linked some events specify "open to family members."

Most people with partners bring them to a few orientation events. I would recommend bringing them to dances like the gala and whatever happens the weekend prior to that. You can go to the weekday events alone.

Some events will be exclusively geared towards law students. Last year, they also had a picnic or bbq specifically for people with children. 

As I said before, you should reach out directly to the 1L reps with your questions. They’ll be able to answer them much better than anyone on this board.