Posted (edited)

I just received an email from Queens asking me if I want to be on their waitlist. Anybody else on their waitlist?

Edit for stats:

B2: 3.52

LSAT: 160

Good ECs and LOR.

Edited by KhalilMack

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted!

LSAT 159

L2 3.62

CGPA 3.32

access applicant

Edited by lawcat

Waitlisted as well. B2/L2: 3.73 157

The first year class is full now. Unfortunately there will be slim chances for the majority of us. Good luck everyone! 

Also waitlisted! Pleased and flattered to be given the chance at admission. Does anyone know how they pull from the waitlist if it isn't ranked? And also when they start doing so?

LSAT 157

L2/B2 3.7

Strong ECs/LOR and PS tailored to Queen's. Best of luck to everyone!

1 minute ago, emily10claire said:

Also waitlisted! Pleased and flattered to be given the chance at admission. Does anyone know how they pull from the waitlist if it isn't ranked? And also when they start doing so?

LSAT 157

L2/B2 3.7

Strong ECs/LOR and PS tailored to Queen's. Best of luck to everyone!

There probably won't be much - if any - movement before the July 3 deadline where all Ontario offers go firm

• Like 1

Waitlisted cGPA 3.32 L2 3.6 (lower for Queen's since I did not have a full course load within my last two years)  LSAT 153, 157, 157 Access Category, PS tailored to Queen's 

Waitlisted today

CGPA-3.61

L2-~3.8

LSAT-155,156

Access

Waitlisted today 

CGPA - 3.62 (not counting 2nd semester this past year)

L2 - Around 3.70-3.75 at the moment

LSAT - 157

General

Does anyone know what the chances are of us getting in off of the waitlist? And around how many waitlist spots they offer? 

• Like 1

Can someone explain how the wait list works if it isn’t ranked? I don’t understand how they choose people to make offers to?

12 hours ago, emily10claire said:

Can someone explain how the wait list works if it isn’t ranked? I don’t understand how they choose people to make offers to?

It's a waitlist pool. They wait for a spot to open up and then they look in the pool for the most competitive candidate. I think we all have slim chances on the waitlist. There's usually little movement :( 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:22 PM, emily10claire said:

I e-mailed to ask and Aimee responded with this: 

We do have a general indication of where students sit based on their grades and LSAT, it’s just that students are removed so often after accepting other schools it’s just logistically not possible to continuously update students on their current rank. We do not release the number of students on the waitlist. It is really up to the current class and the choices they make, the class is full, but if students change their minds, that’s when spots do open up. Some years it’s 5 students, some years it could be 20. Most of the movement will happen over the next few weeks and early into July as the provisional to firm date approaches.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, philodendron said:

It's so hard for us to estimate our chances when they won't tell us how many people are in the waitlist pool :/ 

10 hours ago, philodendron said:

I wonder if at this point the process is still holistic or if they are solely choosing candidates to fill the vacated spots based on GPA and LSAT scores

2 minutes ago, emily10claire said:

I wonder if at this point the process is still holistic or if they are solely choosing candidates to fill the vacated spots based on GPA and LSAT scores

It sounds like it is not holistic and it's based on stats. 

LSAT: 158 - GPA: 3.6

I was wait listed on the 13th but asked for my name to be removed as I have already accepted UofC.

Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 1