Sign in to follow this  
faoejfowjfjewaofjwa

Foundry Princess. Thoughts?

Hey! So currently looking for a place in Kingston near the university and I found the Foundry Princess online. Rent looks decent considering the contract is from September to April and in some cases I would get my own bathroom and wouldn't have to pay extra for utilities. 

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there in the past and has any reviews on it? Do a lot of law students stay here or is it mostly undergrads?

Also if you have any suggestions on other places to look that would be awesome!! 

I haven't lived there myself but a decent amount of law students do! You certainly won't be alone. Everyone I know who lived there really liked it, but a few found it pretty loud because it is completely full of students.

Former Queen's student here! 

Don't do it! 

You won't think it's far from campus until you realize how close everyone else will be. The building has had extensive problems in the past. Look up 663 Princess... That's the same company, they just rebranded because there was so much negative press about them. This is the company that had their crane operator rescued via helicopter when the place caught on fire a few years ago :) you can find nicer grad apartments in the downtown area that will be much more affordable. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• apply broadly if you're not picky about the school! you never know what different schools are looking for in their selection criteria as grades and LSAT scores are absolutely not everything. I applied with a 155 LSAT and mid 80's average out of undergrad, and through I would have a tough time getting into Osgoode or u of t with those numbers, but then ended up getting waitlisted at some of the "safe" schools that I applied to and ended up at Osgoode. don't worry about inconveniencing your references - do what's best for you.
    • I e-mailed to ask and Aimee responded with this:   
    • I'm in the same boat over here for solicitor. tbh I'll be going into the exam without having read all of the materials - I still have 200-300 pages to go and can't manage to get through more than 20-30 pages a day. I haven't taken any solicitor classes other than tax and have had several breakdowns trying to read these materials due to extreme boredom. I honestly felt that carefully reading all the material for the barrister's didn't help and I still had to look everything up (overall I felt the barristers was fine though), so I'm just going to rely on charts and wing this one to preserve my sanity
    • Hey Incoming 1Ls! Justis from the LSS checking in. I checked with one of the admins of the group and they tell me that once you've confirmed your Lakehead email address, you should try to re-send the request. Evidently, that's been working out for a few students who may have requested to join the group before their email was confirmed. If you're still having trouble, we'll try to figure something else out! Looking forward to meeting everybody!
    • After seeing the responses in this thread, and after personally sending out my PS to other applicants, it seems like I wrote a good overall PS. I've just gone batshit insane from the wait, thinking it's my PS holding me back.