Sign in to follow this  
Thebebebennies

U of T grant calculator

How accurate is the u of t scholarship calculator that shows 12k grant for low income students?

Edited by Thebebebennies

Will be curious to see how the 10% Ontario tuition fee reduction affects UofT's financial aid scheme (The calculator currently predicts i'll receive approximately 10k in funding - i'm assuming it'll ultimately be a wash as reduced tuition intake precipitates into reduced funding availability). 

1 hour ago, ManiusManilius said:

Will be curious to see how the 10% Ontario tuition fee reduction affects UofT's financial aid scheme (The calculator currently predicts i'll receive approximately 10k in funding - i'm assuming it'll ultimately be a wash as reduced tuition intake precipitates into reduced funding availability). 

The new tuition fees have already been factored into the calculator.

"May 13 
Important note:
 Our financial aid calculator has been calibrated to reflect the Ontario Government’s January 17th2019 announcement regarding tuition fees. 

It has not yet been calibrated to reflect the impact to incidental/ancillary fees. We will do this as soon as the full details of the policy have been released and the impacts on our tuition are understood.
"

https://www.law.utoronto.ca/newadmit/firstyear#step2

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Well these are partner schools of Windsor and both offer law exchange opportunities. The site explains how it works, but i was hoping to get a student perspective on it. 
    • People actually keep their Inbox organized? I just rely on my Outlook Calendar, Assistant, and a master file list.  So I guess I rely on other people 😝 
    • When I was applying, Scotia made me close my credit accounts (even my scene visa oddly). But I got 10k on two new credit cards. At least when I applied it was standard to have to close all your pre-existing credit cards. Did they make such a request of you?
    • I work in insurance defence and have carriage of 80+ files at any given time. It can absolutely be overwhelming at times, but I find the following 3 things help keep me organized: 1. As others have said, an Excel spreadsheet is super helpful. Personally, I have a spreadsheet that not only lists the files that I currently have open (one file per row), but also lists the next deadline for each file, and automatically counts down to the deadline for each file. When I'm 10 days away from a deadline for any given file, the row will change colour, and I'll know to get a move on with the file. This requires setting up formulas in Excel - I didn't create the spreadsheet, so I can't help with that, unfortunately. Once I've met a deadline, I can replace the old deadline with a new one, the colour goes away, and the countdown starts again. I've found it much less overwhelming to just focus on the next deadline, rather than constantly be worrying about every deadline for every file at all times. Each row also has a column for me to make notes for myself, so I remember what's going on with each file (have pleadings been completed? have productions been received/reviewed? what stage of the litigation are we at?) **Note 1: This spreadsheet is just an overview of my files. I do maintain a Word document for each matter with more details each time something happens in a file. **Note 2: If the next deadline in a file is not for a long time, that does not mean I ignore the file until the deadline is approaching. If there is nothing coming up on a file, I will set a deadline about 4 months into the future, just to check in on the file, maybe shoot off a quick email to the client to confirm that there's been no change to the status of the file, and maybe double check to make sure my file strategy doesn't need to change. 2. My email inbox serves as my to-do list. As emails come in, I deal with them, and then move them out of the inbox (for me, the best way to stay organized is to have sub-folders for each matter). Anything still in the inbox requires my attention. Unfortunately, it is never empty. 3. My calendar also acts as a to-do list, but lets me know which tasks are going to take priority, based on what is coming upon the calendar. I will regularly take a look at my calendar so that I know what I have coming up in the next few weeks, and can do whatever needs to get done before the calendar event takes place. 
    • I'm not sure about right now with covid19 but on a normal schedule the busses and LRT usually run until 1 am.  St. A is close but Leduc and Beaumont are very far. I think they have their own bus routes as well but I've never taken them and I wouldn't live there. They're just way too far from everything. I think St. A is a reasonable distance. I live downtown and St. A is about a 15 minute drive from me, whereas Beaumont and Leduc are about 45 mins.