maturestudent909

GPA [2.78/3.29 L2]

School Cumulative Last Two Best Three  
UOIT 1.87 1.87 1.93  
York 3.69 3.69 3.69  
Overall: 2.78 3.29 3.56

These are what my grades look like right now when I key in my information on Ryn's site.  When I attended UOIT, I didn't do well and just didn't care about school.  A lot of my grades were taken through part time and I got 2-3 F's. I dropped out of UOIT and never finished my degree.

When schools say L2, will they only look at my L2 marks at York?  Or will they calculate based on the "overall" line?  If it's the overall line, am I screwed?  I will be applying as a mature student.

Thank you!

L2 is your most recent 2 years of school. So that would be the 3.69 from York. If they were to look at your cumulative GPA they would see the 2.78.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, Prospero said:

L2 is your most recent 2 years of school. So that would be the 3.69 from York. If they were to look at your cumulative GPA they would see the 2.78.

Thank you! I'm annoyed with my cGPA...hopefully they will see my upward trend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• If they do, that's an anomaly.  Full course load is five per semester, that's the norm. Each university sets their own policy for full-time status and it varies. Queen's may be more accepting than other schools of four course semesters but, technically, that isn't the standard  definition at Canadian schools for undergrad of a full course load. 
    • I do believe that Queen's considers 4 courses per semester a full course load.
    • I don't see a lot of UofC Associates or Articling Students in Toronto at all, but there's certainly Windsor grads at every large firm. I also wouldn't place my hopes on getting into Big Law in Calgary and then lateraling over either - that's a lot of steps that have to go correctly. Getting Calgary BigLaw isn't a lay-up in and of itself. I would say go to Windsor and network, get good summaries and work your butt off in 1L and try to get grades in the top quarter of your class. 
    • Bit of an odd-duck here.    B2: 78% LSAT: 157 (one write) Sask Connection: Step-father is ex-law lecturer at UofS and Queen’s Bench and I served as president of the University of Regina Student’ Union for two elected terms.    Will these connection items help??
    • hey thanks! this is a good perspective. yeah I am open to biglaw in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, but ideally would like to end up in Toronto. I know about Windsor having low placement rates, so I guess my question is whether to risk the low placement rate but be in Ontario, or risk being out of province but have the Calgary market open to me. I don't really want to stay in Calgary longer than I have to.