neverlate

Transferring out of Windsor to Western / OZ or UofT

Hi all, 

Hoping I could get some advice on my transfer odds. 

I have fairly strong soft's (2 RA ships, law journal, and VP of a club). My final grades are as follows: 

Property 78 (B+)

Constitutional 77 (B+) 

Indigenous Legal Traditions 78 (B+)

Contracts 80 (A-) 

Legal Research & Writing 81 (A-) 

Criminal 82 (A-) 

Access to Justice 86 (A) 

Cumulative AVG: 80 

Good enough to be very competitive at all schools, well done

• Like 2

That was my cumulative average when I transferred. I got an offer at U of T, didn't apply to the other two. Will depend on a) how competitive transfer applicants. b) your materials. c) how many people leave those schools from the 1L class. 

Edited by whoknows
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, whoknows said:

That was my cumulative average when I transferred. I got an offer at U of T, didn't apply to the other two. Will depend on a) how competitive transfer applicants. b) your materials. c) how many people leave those schools from the 1L class. 

What do you mean by materials?

I don’t want to make a new thread for this- but does anyone know what % these grades would fall in the grade distribution? 

Trying to figure out what % average would be the top 10% of the class at Windsor (80? 85?)

10 hours ago, SammyS said:

What do you mean by materials?

Your personal statements/lsat/etc. 

13 hours ago, WindsorHopeful said:

I don’t want to make a new thread for this- but does anyone know what % these grades would fall in the grade distribution? 

Trying to figure out what % average would be the top 10% of the class at Windsor (80? 85?)

I believe the 2016-17 overall average for the first year class was 76%. This information is publically available online. I suspect the overall class avg will be similar this year. 

I don't know if Windsor does Dean's List (I don't think so) but you can call the general office and figure out you're class rank. 

hope this helps

On 5/31/2019 at 11:36 PM, whoknows said:

Hi there!

Since you transferred to UofT, I was wondering if you can shed some light on the transfer process?

Is there a greater emphasis on 1L grades or undergrad/lsat scores? 

Did you require a reference letter?

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, misssnowflakes said:

Hi there!

Since you transferred to UofT, I was wondering if you can shed some light on the transfer process?

Is there a greater emphasis on 1L grades or undergrad/lsat scores? 

Did you require a reference letter?

Many thanks!

I did not transfer there in the end. 1L grades are going to be the big factor but the other two won't be ignored. If I remember correctly I got one reference. 

This is a general transfer question for any school in ON. Can you transfer after your second year for your final year at a school? I was just browsing through Osgoode's transfer page and they said at minimum you need to have completed 1L. So would that mean someone going into their final year could finish their degree at Osgoode or any other ON law school? 

1 hour ago, sucheese said:

This is a general transfer question for any school in ON. Can you transfer after your second year for your final year at a school? I was just browsing through Osgoode's transfer page and they said at minimum you need to have completed 1L. So would that mean someone going into their final year could finish their degree at Osgoode or any other ON law school? 

For most schools, and all in Ontario as far as I know, you can only transfer after 1L.  You can, however, request a letter of permission to attend a school for 3L but your degree will be from your original school.

• Like 2