Sign in to follow this  
bbritt

Chances? [3.84/154]

Not sure if I should be creating a new post or if there is an existing thread, perhaps someone can lmk if that is the case. 

Any idea what my chances are with a 3.8 cGPA/3.84L2/3.86B2/154 lsat for (first choice) Ontario schools minus UOttawa.

I do plan on re-writing the lsat in September and will be applying in the fall. I will be self-studying over the summer. My current lsat score was taken without any studying or PTs prior to taking it (was not my intention, just happened that way) so I expect at least a small increase.

I am undecided about exactly which type of law I'd like to specialize in but I know which I definitely do not want: corporate, business, IP. My interests are more social justice, environmental, criminal, indigenous, family... 

I'd ideally want to remain in Ontario but not Ottawa and would likely also apply to UVic and UBC. 

Also, I have special circumstances (2 children before 18 yrs of age) so if there are any access categories I may be able to get in this way. 

:) 

You have median GPA for most schools but definitely a sub-median LSAT. It kind of depends what you’re trying for. If you want a more competitive school you’d need to boost your LSAT quite a bit (at least to 165), but if you are okay with a less competitive school then you could possibly get in as is or could have a good shot with a more minor bump (around 160). If you scored 154 with no practice then a 160 is definitely doable for you and a 165+ is likely in your wheelhouse with enough practice. Just depends if your heart is set on UofT or if you’re open to all options. Either way you’re in decent shape at the moment and should start up your LSAT prep. 

You would also need to bring your LSAT to around 164/165 for UBC and 163/164 for UVic to be safe.

Thank you for the feedback! I am going to study by but off for the next few weeks. My preference is Osgoode for sure so I glad to see you say that lol.