justveritas

P1 Emond Exam Prep Videos

Hello,

I am considering purchasing the Emond exam prep videos for the P1 exam. Before I make the decision to do so, I want to make sure it's worth it. Can anyone who has had past experience with them provide some feedback as to the quality of the videos. Were they informative and helpful? Do they cover the subject in depth or simply gloss over it? Did the videos compliment the study materials or are you better off without them ?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

The licencing process is expensive enough without spending any more than you need to. 

On the LSO site there will be some sample questions and Emond will give you some try before you buy questions. If you can do those questions you are good to go, that is all you need. 

If you really want to do more practice questions form a study group. Have everyone in the study group come up with 10 to 20 questions (with answers) and then exchange questions. 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:14 PM, HarryPotterForLife said:

I had a very similar question! Did you end up purchasing them / hear any feedback?

Thanks in advance

Hi HarryPotterForLife,

I decided to not purchase the videos. I heard that the materials supplied by the LSO should be sufficient.

hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hey Incoming 1Ls! Justis from the LSS checking in. I checked with one of the admins of the group and they tell me that once you've confirmed your Lakehead email address, you should try to re-send the request. Evidently, that's been working out for a few students who may have requested to join the group before their email was confirmed. If you're still having trouble, we'll try to figure something else out! Looking forward to meeting everybody!
    • After seeing the responses in this thread, and after personally sending out my PS to other applicants, it seems like I wrote a good overall PS. I've just gone batshit insane from the wait, thinking it's my PS holding me back.
    • If you do end up deciding to enter the next cycle, try sitting down and writing without filtering yourself. Just write about why you want to study law, try to answer any suggested guidelines that the school has provided, then edit it into something you would want to submit. There is really no formula to this, or else everyone could simply write exactly what each school wants to hear. I didn't tailor my personal statement to any particular school and it was fine. Others may have tailored theirs specifically to each school and I'm sure it would still be fine. Precisely because there is no formula, just different individuals expressing their thoughts in different ways. 
    • I don't think Chelsea Hotel is a usual testing centre, as it wasn't listed in the list of testing centres. This is my 3rd write and it's the first time I'm seeing it offered. 
    • Thank you so much! Ah, I hope my professors don't mind reading all of mine. Good thing they can just submit the same letter!  That's a good point! I will give them a heads up a few weeks in advance then. I hope you ended up at your preferred school :).