1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 910

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 240

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• matron of ephesus
    • cola
    • luna12
    • Nurrdeer
    • BlockedQuebecois
    • xdarkwhite
    • kklawkk
    • DennyCrane
    • UBC_Hopeful
    • Legally Brunette
    • CleanHands
    • canadianlawstudent2024
    • RedHaring
    • Spinnaker

• Recent Posts

• LMP
      Ideally you wouldn't miss it, but you'll be ok.  The events are mostly going to be in person (even during COVID they were in person, to an extent).  You'll meet people in your section later so don't worry about it too much. 
    • Wella645
      I had to defer a final exam due to an injury, but I will be completing it this Friday. It is an approved transfer credit that I need to send to my home school, but they will not receive it on time for graduation. Instead, I will technically be graduating in spring. Does anyone know how this will affect my application? All classes will be completed by the end of this week and I will send Usask the transcripts for my classes once they are posted, but it is just the “graduated” status from my home school that will not appear on my transcript. I will reach out to Usask, but wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? 
    • Chef Justice
      It's even funnier when one of the first things a law schools career development office tells its students is to take out the "references available on request" portion at the bottom of their resume. Even they know an employer isn't going to care. Imagine an employer is just like "WOW, this person was always on time for their internship! We HAVE to hire them." Yeah, no, references are next to irrelevant in assessing job performance or academic capability.
    • Yogurt Baron
      At best, reference letters are completely fungible. "Hi, I'm some professor, this student took my class, they did fine." At worst, they exacerbate existing social inequalities - the person with the best relationship with the biggest-name professor is not necessarily the best student, just the best-connected student. References are a relic of the "oh, you're friends with Chet's son? I know Chet from the country club, and he certainly is a sound fellow" era of social and professional advancement. It always baffles me when someone thinks a reference letter from the former category is going to be the silver bullet that's going to get them admitted - like an admissions committee is going to say, "Wait a minute, stop the presses, I just read the best application! We've got to revoke the admission of the candidate with the 4.0/180 and give that seat to this person with the 2.0/136/reference letter from some professor who says this student took their class and did fine!" Most people who think they have abnormally good references just have abnormally big egos.
    • CleanHands
      Because reference letters are dumb as shit.
    • GoatDuck
      Because UofT doesn’t think they’re relevant. They’re probably right, given that most reference letters say only good things and don’t give a reliable indication of whether you’re suited for law school. 
    • Guy5688
      Does anyone know why this is?
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.