Sign in to follow this  
Linaelm

Rejected 2019

23 hours ago, lawyor said:

Received an email that my status changed, logged in and saw that I was rejected.

GPA 3.7/4.3

LSAT 144

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! This has been a long haul.

Ah good luck on the LSAT next year. You're a lock somewhere if you can manage a 150-155

Edited by Newfoundlaw
  • Thanks 1

4.3 CGPA 149 LSAT

Tried applying without a full degree (half done) --no dice. 

I know schools make it an option to apply with less than 90 credit hours, but I wonder how likely admittance is in those cases. 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, pinkfrostedcupcakes said:

4.3 CGPA 149 LSAT

Tried applying without a full degree (half done) --no dice. 

I know schools make it an option to apply with less than 90 credit hours, but I wonder how likely admittance is in those cases. 

I think it's pretty slim, unless you fit into their "mature student" category. Also, that is a stellar cGPA. really impressive!

On 5/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, clevermoose said:

3.4 with drops is not really that competitive, and UNB weights GPA more than LSAT so it is not enough to just have a good LSAT score. 

I am a 2L at UNB Law now and I got in with a 3.3 gpa with drops and a 160 LSAT score. I applied in August 2018 for September 2019. I think applying earlier makes the biggest difference as they do acceptances on a rolling basis. It seems if you apply after December it can be a lot more competitive. 

1 hour ago, UnbLaw2018 said:

I am a 2L at UNB Law now and I got in with a 3.3 gpa with drops and a 160 LSAT score. I applied in August 2018 for September 2019. I think applying earlier makes the biggest difference as they do acceptances on a rolling basis. It seems if you apply after December it can be a lot more competitive. 

Are you also from the region perhaps?

51 minutes ago, 123Ontario said:

If we didn't get waitlisted today, do you think we should assume we got rejected?  

No. Last year, they added people to the waitlist starting in late May and continuing into mid-July. There's definitely still hope.

5 minutes ago, AtlanticOcean said:

No. Last year, they added people to the waitlist starting in late May and continuing into mid-July. There's definitely still hope.

Any idea when people will start getting accepted off the waitlist?

1 hour ago, leveredge said:

Any idea when people will start getting accepted off the waitlist?

There were people last year who got accepted just a few days after being told they were waitlisted. It could be any time from this week to August; such is the unpredictable nature of the waitlist.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, clevermoose said:

Are you also from the region perhaps?

Oh god... you're not going to go on your "regional biases are unfair" spiel again, are you?

2 hours ago, Newfoundlaw said:

Oh god... you're not going to go on your "regional biases are unfair" spiel again, are you?

Meh, I don't care anymore since I am not going here. Just wondering if applying early or being from the area is more important, as @UnbLaw2018 suggested. 

• Like 1