Anyone have an idea when we will get a waitlist number or they will start accepting people off the waitlist?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, SpaceLawyer said:

Anyone have an idea when we will get a waitlist number or they will start accepting people off the waitlist?

I am assuming in the beginning of June. Call and ask tho! 

Leanne is the person you want to speak to. 

Also, are we supposed to send an email to Leanne stating that we are interested in remaining on the Waitlist? Anyone got their numbers yet?

15 hours ago, CrimNation said:

I am assuming in the beginning of June. Call and ask tho! 

Leanne is the person you want to speak to. 

Also, are we supposed to send an email to Leanne stating that we are interested in remaining on the Waitlist? Anyone got their numbers yet?

I did call and I did not receive a number, but I emailed her stating i wanted to remain on the waitlist. 

did anyone else email saying they wanted to remain on the waitlist? The waitlist email didn't indicate we needed to respond so I'm wondering if I should?

19 minutes ago, AKJ said:

did anyone else email saying they wanted to remain on the waitlist? The waitlist email didn't indicate we needed to respond so I'm wondering if I should?

You didn't have to email, I did just as a precaution. 

• Like 1

I spoke to Leanne on Tuesday and my understanding is they no longer give out waitlist numbers. She did mention the waitlist has not moved at all which is discouraging :( 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SpaceLawyer said:

You didn't have to email, I did just as a precaution. 

I don't think he emailed yet, he was asking if he should. Doesn't hurt to email tho just to be on the safe side!

5 hours ago, MB350 said:

They no longer give out waitlist rankings. 

Why?! 

1 hour ago, Kkzies said:

I spoke to Leanne on Tuesday and my understanding is they no longer give out waitlist numbers. She did mention the waitlist has not moved at all which is discouraging :( 

So we just sit here and wait for a response? Then why did she tell me I would hear back by next Friday? It has been 2 weeks now and I still have not heard back.

Edited by CrimNation
Typo

30 minutes ago, CrimNation said:

I don't think he emailed yet, he was asking if he should. Doesn't hurt to email tho just to be on the safe side!

Why?! 

So we just sit here and wait for a response? Then why did she tell me I would hear back by next Friday? It has been 2 weeks now and I still have not heard back.

When did Leanne tell you you'd hear back by next Friday?

If she said that to you recently then there must be movement. 

They wouldn't close the wait list or reject people off it this soon either. 

There's still hope. People may hear back from a school that they prefer over TRU and decide to rescind their acceptance. I think it'll just be a lot slower this year and perhaps less people accepted off the wait list than previous years. So far not a single person has been accepted off the list (based only on forum posts) so I definitely think there will be SOME movement (hopefully soon). Hang tight everyone! 

Edited by AKJ
  • Like 1