Rejected today.

Applied under Access category; CGPA: 3.78, L2: 3.84, LSAT: 157 (an accommodated score), MA in history (A- average), and also currently doing combined Master programs of archival studies and museum studies (A- average). I am not disappointed at all as I have been accepted to Windsor Law and preferred Windsor to Lakehead.

One fun fact: Initially, I believed that I should be accepted to Lakehead because my personal statements discussed the Supreme Court of Canada's decision of destroying the TRC records. I was sure that my personal statements well engaged in Indigenous law. However, I came to realize that my personal statements did not pertain to Lakehead's required topic (Indigenous law); I merely talked about Indigenous issues rather than Indigenous law. Accordingly, I have been necessarily expecting a rejection from Lakehead.    

Rejected today.  cGPA 3.32 L2 3.6 LSAT 153, 157, 157 Access Category I'll admit my personal statement was not very geared towards their requirement. 

Posted (edited)

Got rejected today but I already indicated on OLSAS that I didn't want to be considered after I provisionally accepted Windsor and am still waiting on UOttawa/Queens. PS was heavily geared toward Indigenous law but I geuss it didn't appease them. Oh well! Fuck 'em! 😄

Edited by capitalttruth

Rejected yesterday through email. cGpa:3.53, B2 3.8, 166 LSAT. Wasn't interested in going but definitely did not expect to get rejected. Wrote about small town practice in my PS and I'm not from northern Ontario. 

12 hours ago, thominator12 said:

Rejected yesterday through email. cGpa:3.53, B2 3.8, 166 LSAT. Wasn't interested in going but definitely did not expect to get rejected. Wrote about small town practice in my PS and I'm not from northern Ontario. 

Looks like the application committee saw right through your submission if you weren’t interested in going.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

Looks like the application committee saw right through your submission if you weren’t interested in going.

No, I was potentially interested in going when I had written my application and I wrote very passionately about small town law as I'm from a small town. Not quite sure what "saw right through" my submission is supposed to mean either. It's not as though I was trying to be deceitful or was only applying for the hell of it. 

Edited by thominator12
  • Like 2