Jump to content
Lawstudent97

Next round of offers?

Recommended Posts

I just called the admissions office and he said there will be another wave of offers next week. 

Edited by philodendron
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any guesses as to what day this week they’ll be sent out? I’m anxious to hear back... lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My uninformed guess is Friday. Tomorrow is the grades meeting and I’ll get my Bs. Then you guys will get your acceptances the next day. 

It’s just a guess though, I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only May 8. Be patient and trust the process

Edited by Trew
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if there will be a final round of offers this week and which day that might be? The admissions blog says one last round will come out the end of May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, astrath said:

Anyone know if there will be a final round of offers this week and which day that might be? The admissions blog says one last round will come out the end of May. 

If it's any consolation, you can call Friday regarding your status. 

Edit: although that being said, I'm not optimistic and am expecting a rejection today or tomorrow before the May 31 deadline.

Edited by SlickRick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I’ll probably be getting a rejection soon. I had a really good semester and my L2 went up to 3.86 with a GPA of 3.79. I didn’t even get a deferred decision so I won’t know if they reviewed those grades. My LSAT score will be the death of me (157). 

Edited by astrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astrath said:

I guess I’ll probably be getting a rejection soon. I had a really good semester and my L2 went up to 3.86 with a GPA of 3.79. I didn’t even get a deferred decision so I won’t know if they reviewed those grades. My LSAT score will be the death of me (157). 

You may still be pleasantly surprised! I was accepted with a 3.7 cGPA, a 3.8ish L2/B2, and a 158! Hang in there! It’s not over until it’s over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, SlickRick said:

If it's any consolation, you can call Friday regarding your status. 

Edit: although that being said, I'm not optimistic and am expecting a rejection today or tomorrow before the May 31 deadline.

 

Did you end up hearing anything? I’m probably going to call in today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, astrath said:

 

Did you end up hearing anything? I’m probably going to call in today. 

They said there would be an round of offers by the end of May, i.e today. I would wait until tomorrow personally

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, astrath said:

 

Did you end up hearing anything? I’m probably going to call in today. 

I didn't, I'll probably give it to the afternoon and do the same. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

I didn't, I'll probably give it to the afternoon and do the same. Good luck!

You too!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if offers would be made off the waitlist in the May-end round of offers? Or do they turn to the waitlist only if their classes are not full by July?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I called they didn't give me specific information about my file. All they mentioned was they hope to have all answers out today and if not by early next week. Good luck lads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

When I called they didn't give me specific information about my file. All they mentioned was they hope to have all answers out today and if not by early next week. Good luck lads.

So you called in just now? I will be disappointed if I don’t hear today... they’ve been saying May 31st for a while... I’m probably going to call in later this afternoon if I don’t hear anything. 

Edited by astrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, astrath said:

So you called in just now? I will be disappointed if I don’t hear today... they’ve been saying May 31st for a while... I’m probably going to call in later this afternoon if I don’t hear anything. 

Yeah I called maybe 15 minutes ago. And same, win, lose, or draw, hopefully it comes out today. If you get a different answer by calling, let us know!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SlickRick said:

Yeah I called maybe 15 minutes ago. And same, win, lose, or draw, hopefully it comes out today. If you get a different answer by calling, let us know!

Congrats on getting in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Bit of a tangent but I've been curious about this for a while. I often read about strong/spectacular ECs on this forum. I'm interested to know what people would consider strong ECs! Barring the occasional (obviously sarcastic) mention of curing cancer or winning a Nobel prize, I haven't read much about what would be considered strong ECs. There's a lot to unpack here, I'm sure. It could be hard to compare K-JDs to people with legal experience to people who have work experience in other milieus. In any case, I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on what they would consider to be a strong EC!
    • I will not talk like i want to be a lawyer because every one has different point of view but i will come up little different just asking a question to you guys and will explain you in detail as well. Like you have been in a drug offense situation and you have been accused as well from court. What will be your first thought definitely you will hire a Drug Offense lawyer to deal with this situation as he knows all the circumstances. As Drugs are deeply rooted in our society. People today start using drugs as early as the age of adolescence. Children going to schools are exposed to drugs. If this is not enough, modern synthetic drugs are now being customized to avoid detection and seizure by the security agencies and drug control authorities. Are you or someone you know dealing with drug possession charges? Contact a professional drug offence lawyer from the abled team.  Being lawyer Ethics,principles and values, which together with rules of conduct and laws, regulate a profession, such as the legal profession. You made every profession good or bad by your action and skills.
    • Received acceptance email yesterday but will be declining.   CGPA:  3.51 LSAT:  161
    • References to R score is a Quebec thing, not necessarily a Francophone thing. We do Cegep. It's normal for a university to market itself to the local norms.  While McGill does accept people with lower LSATs (i knew of a guy who was accepted with 154, though he had a 4.0 in undergrad and ma and publications and cool work experience), McGill also advertises their average LSAT. Your whole package is taken into consideration.  Not sure what is "risk-taking" by discussing the possibility of applying. Your application, however, is below average for both GPA and LSAT. It certainly isn't impossible but I do agree with Pzabby that you should temper expectations and work on fleshing out your application more.
    • Hm I’m thinking of going as well. I’d have to skip a class but it might be worthwhile to meet some of the people I might be in it with for 3 years! I already toured the campus with a current student (who was great) but I’m sure this event will have some value with its new student focus. 

×
×
  • Create New...