Lawstudent97

Anyone else still not hear anything from Western?

Still haven’t been rejected, accepted, or waitlisted. Is anyone else in the same situation?

I’m not sure what this means. Is it actually possible that they haven’t even looked at my application yet? 

I haven't heard anything either. I don't think they've read all applications yet. Especially if you wrote the January LSAT.

6 minutes ago, astrath said:

I haven't heard anything either. I don't think they've read all applications yet. Especially if you wrote the January LSAT.

I did write the Jan lsat 

Western has said that they hope to have most of their decisions made by May 31st, so it's more than likely you will hear back by then. Until then, you can assume that they haven't reviewed your application yet.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I did write the Jan lsat 

2 hours ago, mett said:

Western has said that they hope to have most of their decisions made by May 31st, so it's more than likely you will hear back by then. Until then, you can assume that they haven't reviewed your application yet.

4 hours ago, astrath said:

I wrote the Jan LSAT and just got a response last week saying that they have deferred my application until they receive my 4th-year grades for this semester.  Not sure if this helps but I would assume that they are slowly making their way through applications and are likely near the end seeing as they seem to be getting to the Jan LSAT now.   

Edited by ConcernedApplicant
Edited for spelling

You will all hear by May 31st. They are going through the apps. Admissions told me this. 

Posted (edited)

I did not write the Jan LSAT and still have not heard anything. I don't think it's an LSAT thing. Really hard to see how they can be sending out anymore acceptances at this point. All I'm expecting for them to send out from now on are waitlists and rejections.

I mean, how could they have not filled their 170 spots yet (I think that's how many seats they have). It's unsettling to think that they may not have even seen an app at this point.

We can't really say "it's still early in the cycle" anymore, cause, well, it simply isn't.

Edited by thedraper

15 minutes ago, thedraper said:

I did not write the Jan LSAT and still have not heard anything. I don't think it's an LSAT thing. Really hard to see how they can be sending out anymore acceptances at this point. All I'm expecting for them to send out from now on are waitlists and rejections.

I mean, how could they have not filled their 170 spots yet (I think that's how many seats they have). It's unsettling to think that they may not have even seen an app at this point.

We can't really say "it's still early in the cycle" anymore, cause, well, it simply isn't.

The only weird thing is that a lot of rejections and waitlist have gone out. Which to me would suggest that they haven’t read our applications yet... if they declined us or waitlisted us, we would have heard with everyone else in the past couple weeks. If they accepted us before April 11th we would know as well. To me all that’s left is that a) they haven’t read our apps for some bizzare reason, or b) we’ve been accepted post April 11 and will hear when the next round goes out.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Lawstudent97 said:

The only weird thing is that a lot of rejections and waitlist have gone out. Which to me would suggest that they haven’t read our applications yet... if they declined us or waitlisted us, we would have heard with everyone else in the past couple weeks. If they accepted us before April 11th we would know as well. To me all that’s left is that a) they haven’t read our apps for some bizzare reason, or b) we’ve been accepted post April 11 and will hear when the next round goes out.

It’s actually not weird at all...if you look at the threads from previous years a lot of people aren’t put on the waitlist until May and same with rejections. They come out on a rolling basis, they don’t do lol waitlist offers the same day. Same as acceptances and rejections. 

Edited by newlawgirl124

19 minutes ago, newlawgirl124 said:

It’s actually not weird at all...if you look at the threads from previous years a lot of people aren’t put on the waitlist until May and same with rejections. They come out on a rolling basis, they don’t do lol waitlist offers the same day. Same as acceptances and rejections. 

Yeah but the ones that come out later are likely because they evaluated their files later. I highly, highly doubt they made all the waitlist decisions at the same time and decided to tell some people months before others...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I'm just concerned that the seats in the class have already been filled. Which means even if they like us we may see a waitlist. This might not be the case but it seems like so many acceptances have been sent out already and their class is the smallest of the schools.

Just now, thedraper said:

I'm just concerned that the seats in the class have already been filled. Which means even if they like us we may see a waitlist. This might not be the case but it seems like so many acceptances have been sent out already and their class is the smallest of the schools.

I’m with you I’m starting to lose hope. It’s very odd to me that they would admit so many students before they even reviewed all the files

28 minutes ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I’m with you I’m starting to lose hope. It’s very odd to me that they would admit so many students before they even reviewed all the files

If you check previous threads, there is usually a small round at the end of April comparable to the one at the beginning of April. Likely filling the spots that were rejected during the round that went out at the beginning of the month.  No news isn't necessarily bad news; could be good news... just have to wait it out and see but you're right it is getting quite late into the cycle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawstudent97 said:

Yeah but the ones that come out later are likely because they evaluated their files later. I highly, highly doubt they made all the waitlist decisions at the same time and decided to tell some people months before others...

That’s exactly what I said lol 

1 hour ago, TWD3333 said:

If you check previous threads, there is usually a small round at the end of April comparable to the one at the beginning of April. Likely filling the spots that were rejected during the round that went out at the beginning of the month.  No news isn't necessarily bad news; could be good news... just have to wait it out and see but you're right it is getting quite late into the cycle. 

Yea but the round at the beginning of April was tiny. I mean, what was it one person not the forum who got in? Obviously there was some others off the forum who got it but I'm still lead to believe that was the smallest wave by far.

No news does seem to be bad news, especially when you're trying to figure out living situations and deposits are due soon.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, thedraper said:

Yea but the round at the beginning of April was tiny. I mean, what was it one person not the forum who got in? Obviously there was some others off the forum who got it but I'm still lead to believe that was the smallest wave by far.

No news does seem to be bad news, especially when you're trying to figure out living situations and deposits are due soon.

I agree. At this point it feels like a loss either way. We need time to figure out the logistics of attending should we get admitted. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I agree. At this point it feels like a loss either way. We need time to figure out the logistics of attending should we get admitted. 

Maybe I don't spend enough time planning but what logistics do you really need to do?

Find an apartment and move to it? Shouldn't take more than a week.

OSAP and stuff we should all be experts at by now. 

2 hours ago, DougFromOntario said:

Maybe I don't spend enough time planning but what logistics do you really need to do?

How do you simply find an apartment and move in within a week? I'm at least a 6 hour drive from the closest school in Ontario, a 12 hour drive for the farthest. What makes you think you can get in an apartment that fast and also move your entire life in a matter of weeks?

I've spent enough time apartment hunting during undergrad, it's not a one week-process. And moving is not that easy either without your own car.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DougFromOntario said:

Not everyone used OSAP for undergrad and may of us will also need to get a bank loan. That on top of going to visit the city, finding an appropriate apartment, and moving is a good bit to figure out. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thedraper said:

How do you simply find an apartment and move in within a week? I'm at least a 6 hour drive from the closest school in Ontario, a 12 hour drive for the farthest. What makes you think you can get in an apartment that fast and also move your entire life in a matter of weeks?

I've spent enough time apartment hunting during undergrad, it's not a one week-process. And moving is not that easy either without your own car.

This is a reason as to why it would take more than a week thanks for answering the question.

8 hours ago, Lawstudent97 said:

Not everyone used OSAP for undergrad and may of us will also need to get a bank loan. That on top of going to visit the city, finding an appropriate apartment, and moving is a good bit to figure out. 

This however is just an excuse, what are you going to do when you have to move for work quick? When we are young, (I'm guessing you were born in 97) we generally have less commitments and its quick to go.  Calling the bank to ask for money is by design easy as it is the core of the business.  Should not be a significant barrier to going to law school. 

• Confused 2