Sign in to follow this  
lawschool2022

EPJ Application

Hi!! I've been accepted to begin studies in September and I'm SO excited. After reviewing housing options I decided to apply for the EPJ residence. Two main questions; 

1) On the application I had to provide three top choices for residence, but the only place I would want to live in would be EPJ. After living in an apartment for my bachelors I have no desire to live in a traditional residence, be forced to have a meal plan, etc. Just wondering what my chances are of getting into EPJ? 

2) How do I go about paying the residence application fee? I applied about a week ago, but there haven't been any charges added to my account. The 500 dollar fee has to be paid by May 15th, and I'm doing some travelling between then and now, so I want to get that handled ASAP. I currently have the 300 dollar credit on my account from the acceptance fee, so I'm assuming I would only have to pay 200 dollars more. Does anyone have any experience with this? I contacted the email on the website but haven't received an answer. 

@Esco455

Step 1: After paying for your deposit, set up your eservices:

https://eservices.unb.ca/eservices/student/

Step 2: Under the tab, "Residence", click "Apply for residence".

Step 3: Pay your residence deposit fee: https://www.unb.ca/fredericton/residence/fees/index.html 

The deadline to apply and pay the deposit is May 15. Your decision will show up on eservices as well.

Alternatively, you can directly apply here: https://es.unb.ca/forms/residence-application/

The process above applies for all residences (including EPJ) with the exception of Magee House.

Magee House Process:

Step 1: https://www.unb.ca/fredericton/residence/_assets/documents/magee-house-app.pdf

Step 2: e-mail this completed form to [email protected]

Quick follow-up on this! Two questions:

1. For people who were admitted after the EPJ deadline, what do they do?

2. When do people usually hear back on their residence applications?

On 5/23/2019 at 10:08 AM, Esco455 said:

Quick follow-up on this! Two questions:

1. For people who were admitted after the EPJ deadline, what do they do?

2. When do people usually hear back on their residence applications?

Not sure about the first but I’d suggest contacting the residence people directly. I read (either in an email or on the page, not sure) that you get your room assignments on the 15th of July 

update: just re-read and from what I understand you’re only guaranteed a place in residence if you apply by May 15th, but you can still apply after. At least that’s how the phrasing makes it seem - “All students who submit their application and fee by May 15 are guaranteed a place in residence.”

Edited by lawschool2022
Adding info