Hi all, 

Does anyone know if upper year students create a Facebook group for incoming students?

Posted (edited)

Yes, it’s been done every year so far, so I can’t see why your year would be any different. No clue who would be making it, or when, though. 

There is also a general page for all students past and present which you’ll be able to join as well. You could always ask there and one of the 3Ls will let you know about the 2022 page.

Edited by KryptoV
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming the verification email is directing you to a facebook page that shows an error?

I'm having the same problem and it isn't just for this page. Apparently it is an issue with facebook from what I can tell and from a quick google search there seems to be quite a few people with a similar issue, unfortunately nobody seems to have a good answer or fix from what I can see. I will update if I can figure it out. 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, ConcernedApplicant said:

I'm assuming the verification email is directing you to a facebook page that shows an error?

I'm having the same problem and it isn't just for this page. Apparently it is an issue with facebook from what I can tell and from a quick google search there seems to be quite a few people with a similar issue, unfortunately nobody seems to have a good answer or fix from what I can see. I will update if I can figure it out. 

thanks! I was getting worried for a moment 

Anyone else not receive the confirmation email when trying to access the Facebook page? Not going to my spam folder either. 

On 5/19/2019 at 3:22 AM, hopeful2629 said:

Anyone else not receive the confirmation email when trying to access the Facebook page? Not going to my spam folder either. 

Same happened to me

Also having similar issues joining the group! any updates? 

Hey Incoming 1Ls! Justis from the LSS checking in. I checked with one of the admins of the group and they tell me that once you've confirmed your Lakehead email address, you should try to re-send the request. Evidently, that's been working out for a few students who may have requested to join the group before their email was confirmed. If you're still having trouble, we'll try to figure something else out!

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Still having trouble getting the confirmation email to send! Not in inbox or spam, even after clicking resend a couple times. Are any others not able to receive the email?